Dems put up bill to ban ALL semi autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems put up bill to ban ALL semi autos

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said.

What To Do If You Don't Have Enough Time to Get Everything Done
    Watch Full Screen to Skip Ads
    "Today I joined @RepCicilline and 150+ of my colleagues to introduce the assault weapons ban. It’s time for Congress to listen to the will of a majority of Americans and pass sensible legislation to get these weapons of war off our streets. #NeverAgain #MSDStrong," Deutch tweeted.

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Cicilline’s legislation names 205 specific firearms that are prohibited, including the AK-47 and AR-15.

“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”

Deutch vowed during a CNN town hall last week to introduce a bill banning semi-automatic weapons.

The town hall featured students, teachers, and parents from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, and occurred one week after a gunman opened fire there.

Seventeen were killed and several were injured in the shooting.

Police said the shooter used an AR-15, and the incident has reignited the debate over stricter gun laws, including whether a ban on semi-automatic weapons is needed.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Fuck that and fuck them.

Comment

Yep. ALL semi autos that have a 10 round magazine. Grandfathered in but you can't buy or sell or transfer. THEY can, YOU can't.

The ones you have can't be passed down
      You can never buy another, can't buy repair parts
      When you die, it has to be destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Yep. ALL semi autos that have a 10 round magazine. Grandfathered in but you can't buy or sell or transfer. THEY can, YOU can't.

Something, something, boating accident, something, something...

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Already happened to mine back in the obama days. Real nasty during that flooding.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Same happened with my slidefire

Comment

So, no more stripped lowers? But what about uppers, barrels, etc...?
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Bring it on. Nothing will guarantee a Red Wave like gun ban legislation.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

In the past I would say something like this, if passed, would be the fuse that lit something very ugly.

However, with the way the American electorate is today, this could very well happen without a great amount of push back.

Folks, the 2nd Amendment, as envisioned (a bulwark against totalitarianism) may be at risk.
                  Last edited by Gargamel; 02-27-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

Technically not *all*. Only the semiautomatic rifles with one of their "deadly features" from the old AWB, and only pistols that have threaded barrels, second pistol grip, barrel shroud, or can accept magazines outside the pistol grip.
                    Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    So, no more stripped lowers? But what about uppers, barrels, etc...?
                    (L) Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraphs (A) through (K) can be assembled.
                    ‘(M) The frame or receiver of a rifle or shotgun described in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), (F), (G), (H), (J), or (K).

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

More feel-good legislation that they absolutely know will go nowhere.
                      They just want the voters to see:

IF something was to get passed with the help of the spineless RINOs, you can damn bet there will be a Red Wave, in every sense of the term.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                        More feel-good legislation that they absolutely know will go nowhere.
                        They just want the voters to see:

IF something was to get passed with the help of the spineless RINOs, you can damn bet there will be a Red Wave, in every sense of the term.
                        ditto

Comment

I really want just ONE TV talking head to go over, in detail, how many school shooting fatalities there’s been as opposed to say, simply, the Murray building McVeigh bomb. Fucking clueless. It’s alrrasy happening in Europe: use bombs, vehicles, acid, poison a subway...

Edit: or the fact that the Columbine kids originally planned to kick start their spree by using a propane tank bomb in the cafeteria but it luckily didn’t go off.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Fuck these retards in the face with acid, in the mouth with Muslim cock, and in the ass with a pipe bomb, and then run them over with a truck of peace.

Make no mistake this is the globalists trying to destroy America again. If Shitlary had been elected, we'd all be fucked. Fucking dems on drugs going shittard and killing people in gun free zones needs to stop.

Comment

“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”
                              Like tyrannical power hungry cocksuckers that push legislation like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X