No announcement yet.

Best grub in Keller/NFTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar : Dublin Square. 35 and Western Center. Good beer, good sales, good bar food. Wish it was non smoking. BJ's gets a good nod, 35 and heritage Trace. I alos like Triple S off Park Vista and N tarrant.

Pizza : Tony's Pizza, Rufe Snow and Mid Cities. Hands down the most authentic NYC style pizza around. I grew up in teh Norht East, I'm picky about Pizza. Great Italian food as well. LOVE that place.

Burgers: Flip's, 35 and Western Center. Good burger, good prices

Mexican : Uncle Julio's Downtown, but up in North Fort Worth there isn't much, I'd say Los Molcajetes off Beach adn Western Center

Breakfast : Rise and Dine, mid cities between 377 and Beach is pretty decent. Cracker barrell off 35 and Meachem for chain food that rocks.

Sushi : MK's, 35 and Western Center

Comment

Navajo Burger is awesome but its over by Jacksboro Hwy and 820.
      1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
      2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
      2000 F250 4x4 PSD
      2012 Ford Exploder
      www.fquick.com/payne5757
      www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        I just had Kincaids a few days ago. I would say it was a good burger. The meat had a good flavor, and was juicyish. The bacon was cold however. I give it a solid 7.5.

Perhaps it's changed, and they got in to their groove. Both times I went were within 2-3 months of the Southlake location opening.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've been to the Kinkaid's on Camp Bowie and the new one way north at I-35W and Heritage Trace. Same nasty shit at both places. Zero flavor and dry as a piece of toast, fries sucked balls. No thanks.

Burger Island is the MF'ing BOMB. Brent, let's have an Irving lunch meet over there soon. The fries there get squishy pretty quick but it's because they're uncoated fried potatoes like they should be.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Burger Island is the MF'ing BOMB. Brent, let's have an Irving lunch meet over there soon. The fries there get squishy pretty quick but it's because they're uncoated fried potatoes like they should be.
            I'm down. Christian is right next door, he could probably be talked in to going.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

there's a burger island in Colleyville off glade and 121. North side is Colleyville, south side is Useless. I've eaten there a few times and its awesome. be warned, I've ordered there jalapeño burger and it was LOADED. I spent that evening wishing someone made an asshole chapstick. I also had to work a call there once and was surprised at the cleanliness of the business. A+ place to eat when I'm at work.

Comment

let me know, if it's a Monday, I work from home, and would be down for an Island Burger GTG.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  let me know, if it's a Monday, I work from home, and would be down for an Island Burger GTG.
                  Best burger hands down and you just can't beat it for the price...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Our Place.......... bad ass food.... (its already posted so i will concur with them)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      Our Place.......... bad ass food.... (its already posted so i will concur with them)
                      Only the beach and basswood one, the other one was sold to a different owner. Best chicken fried chicken ever.

Comment

Best burger around is at the Mule Barn or Lonesome Spur in Justin (they are sort of one in the same).

Best (and most reasonable) Sushi I've found is Sushi Sam off of 1709 in Southlake...on the Keller end of 1709. You have to get a volcano roll if you ever try it.

BBQ - make a drive to Springtown and try out Woody Creek...in the square on the east side....worth the drive.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

MK's sushi is pretty much the McDonalds of sushi, but unfortunately, there isn't another choice in this area. I'd make the drive over to Sushi Sam's first. There is a new place going in by the little Wal Mart on Rufe Snow. Fuji Grill and Sushi, or something like that.

Comment

Cliff's notes: See the last line.

Ok, so I tried out Fred's burgers on Western Center on recommendations and holy shit. I had one of the specialty burgers, the Diablo Burger, and my girlfriend had just the regular burger. The Diablo burger w/fries was decent and way overpriced at $11.25. I don't mind paying top money for top-notch food, but this wasn't it. The bartender assured me it has "great flavor, you won't be disappointed, it was featured on the travel channel," and then after I ordered told me he's never even tried it. I LOVE spicy food, but this burger was overkill, even for a sandwich named the "Devil Burger." You couldn't taste the food at all. This was the equivalent of going to a highly touted barbeque restaurant and they serve all of their meats doused in barbeque sauce, so that it's all you can taste. I've eaten "hot" wings for an eating challenge that weren't this hot. I cook with chipotles A LOT, so I know their flavor well, but this in no way, shape, or form showcased any positives of the delicious smoked jalapeno. My girlfriend got the 1/4 lb. burger, and it was fucking pathetic (the burger we ate later had the same size patties, which were supposed to be 2.3 oz each. Fred's was definitely on the small side of a 4 oz patty). She ordered bacon for a measly $2.00 extra. One slice of bacon was placed underneath the meat patty. I'm not exaggerating when I state that she had more lettuce than meat. (I took pics, but haven't uploaded them)

We were wanting a GOOD burger, so after eating lunch at Fred's and car shopping for a while, we trekked out to Glade/121 for Burger Island that I've read so much about on here from people who have good taste (Bcoop, Jluv, etc). It's closed for a remodel. We went back to 26/ Hall Johnson for a Mooyah Burger. It's pretty decent, comparable to a Five Guys, but not quite as good. Fries were cooked almost to perfection with a crispy skin and perfect inside. The burger (Mooyah with American cheese and bacon) was a bit salty, luke-warm bacon, but pretty tasty. We had other issues with the place (dirty napkins in the napkin holder, unsanitary cooks), but the burger itslef was just as good for half the price of Fred's.

I'll stick to grilling my own, or Kincaid's on Heritage Trace Pkwy when I want a burger. Don't waste your money at Fred's on Western Center. I guess Flip's is up next for burgers.

Comment

next time try the navajo gas station in lake worth. it used to be called tommy's. it has won best burger in texas before. i go there a few times a month and its about 9 bucks for a jalapeno bacon burger w/ fires and drink. for mexican food i go to el paseo's in lake worth, but they have one in keller too.

Comment

Will do, thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X