Interest in a DFWM BBQ cookoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in a DFWM BBQ cookoff?

Idea is we can all get together, hang out, smoke some meats, toss around ideas, etc.

Ive got plenty of space at my shop in Venus, even though it is a drive for everyone, it gives us a couple of things: nobody around to piss off, call the cops, fire dept, etc. We have plenty of parking, room for smokers and grills, running water, electricity and a shitter. Hell pop a tent and camp if you want.

We can make it a competition if we want, either a trophy to hold until you are dethroned, or we could chip in and donate it to a cause.

Anyone down?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I'm in !
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Would we just try for smoking beef products or chicken and pork? I can provide beef and pork but no one can have my chicken . I get it twice a year and don't part with it

Comment

Originally posted by Hines57 View Post
        Would we just try for smoking beef products or chicken and pork? I can provide beef and pork but no one can have my chicken . I get it twice a year and don't part with it
        Makes no difference to me. Ill never claim to be better than anyone else at any one type of meat, but I have a lot if fun trying them out.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I needs mah a/c.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Makes no difference to me. Ill never claim to be better than anyone else at any one type of meat, but I have a lot if fun trying them out.
            Im no grilling expert or smoking master but I do know my meats far more than any normal person should from working in this industry to long.. I damn sure will start up the smoker for this though

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I needs mah a/c.
              Oh my god yes what the hell was I thinking . Ok so I may be a judge for this and I'll provide as much meat as I can to everyone. This way I can take my wife's car instead of the super duty . I can't deal with heat anymore . If its above 50 degrees someone may have to cart me off. We could always wait
              till its a nice comfortable 32 degrees

Comment

Depending on the weekend I'd be down to drag my smoker out in the back of my truck.

Comment

I needs mah a/c.
                  There is AC in the office, ill get you some tampons.

I figured October would be about right.

Comment

I may just need one big maxi pad. My wife gives me shit all the time. But its like I tell her, spend about 8 years in 28 degrees 12 hours a day and see what you become use to

Comment

Super absorbent, please. October may still be too warm. November would be good though.

Comment

Super absorbent, please. October may still be too warm. November would be good though.
                        November is an option. If it does get cold, we'll have some fires going...

Comment

November is an option. If it does get cold, we'll have some fires going...
                          I much prefer smoking in the winter. You can actually sit outside and enjoy the weather. Smokers get a little finicky, but I don't give a shit.

Comment

In.
                            Ded

Comment

Hopefully I'll have Dutch oven peach cobbler down pat by then . I effed it up pretty good last cook out .
                              The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X