No announcement yet.

Crawfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite is Nate's in Addison for boiled crawfish.
    One of my cajun buddies boils em up for us occasionally and he does a good job. I ate 13 lbs in one sitting last year. Could hardly move my hands the next day.
    Last edited by Trick Pony; 01-12-2011, 01:13 PM.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I love The Boiling Crabs and Nates...

Papadeaux is decent, but has really good prices.
      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
      Your opinion is what sucks.
      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
        My favorite is Nate's in Addison for boiled crawfish.
        One of my cajun buddies boils em up for us occasionally and he does a good job. I ate 13 lbs in one sitting last year. Could hardly move my hands the next day.
        holy crap 13 pounds? lol
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I usually do three boils, usually 40 lb sacks each, 20 lbs of new potatoes, same of corn, 5 lbs of mushrooms, bag of garlic (like 5 pods), etc etc. Add about 5 different brands of beer, around 200 total, in a giant rubbermaid tube covered in ice and then sprinkled generously with rock salt. Nearby is enough hard booze and mixin's to make a variety of mixed drinks, but I usually leave that up to someone else, as I am busy cooking bugs.

Finally, when it is all down, spread the shit out on a pair of picnic tables pushed together and covered in newspaper, with several of the beer boxs placed around to catch the dead solders (empty crawfish). Skinniest person at the table gets the duty of grabbing fresh cold beer and drinks for the group.

Fuck, now I'm jonesin' for some bugs.

Stevo

You need to organize a DFWmustangs crawfish boil
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            You need to organize a DFWmustangs crawfish boil
            In

Comment

mutherjuggz at the last one we had......

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                mutherjuggz at the last one we had......

we need to do that again.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  we need to do that again.
                  oh it is happening... maybe a FEW times this year.

Comment

Nate had them already tonight, but at $6.50 a pound. Had 6 pounds and 2 pitchers of beer
                    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Where do you buy them? I always see them at the local grocery store, but they smell god awful. I don't eat bad smelling seafood.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

last year the best deal I found was at Fiesta grocery store. I think i paid $1.49 per pound and bout a whole bag of live crawfish, about 40lbs or so.

Comment

last year the best deal I found was at Fiesta grocery store. I think i paid $1.49 per pound and bout a whole bag of live crawfish, about 40lbs or so.
                          Damn thats cheap, were they descent size?

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                            When we used to buy sacks of them there the crawfish were pretty small compared to what you get from a restaurant.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                              mixed....

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                                Where do you buy them? I always see them at the local grocery store, but they smell god awful. I don't eat bad smelling seafood.
                                I have never smelled ANY seafood that smelled good while raw or still alive. If you are a wine, salad and souffle' kind of guy, you might want to pass. If you are a cold beer, chili and rare steak kind of guy, give it a go.

Pretty good deal there, last year they never got below $1.69 per lb. around here, but they were good sized.

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X