No announcement yet.

Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy primals at Costco expect $100-$150 (instead of Hines $60). There really is just something zen-like about just having a beer, a sharp knife a couple hours to break down the primal.

Comment

If I want a good steak I will go to HEB and pick out either a prime ribeye or tenderloin from the case. For run of the mill steak I keep some Choice ribeyes in the freezer from a local meat place, because they are pretty decent and they sell them vacuum sealed in a 2 pack. I never eat sirloin or select unless it is just to be nice at someones house, I would honestly just rather have a burger then a crappy steak.

I did however just get a vacuum sealer so I plan on buying a whole tenderloin from sams and cutting up my own steaks to put in the freezer.

Comment

Food & Drinking Memes - Find the funniest Food and Drink Memes, Pictures, Videos and Gifs on the internet! New hilarious food and drinking content submitted daily. Keep Calm and Chive On!
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
          "Oh, just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk right here on this plate."
          solid
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I don't buy any meat from Wal Mart/Sam's.
            Wal Mart and Sam's do not have the same meat distributor.

Comment

How can I buy some steaks from you?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                How can I buy some steaks from you?
                i am just a guy that works at a retail store. I am not trying to sell steaks on here to you guys. Unless you guys are in the area and just want to drop by.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  i am just a guy that works at a retail store. I am not trying to sell steaks on here to you guys. Unless you guys are in the area and just want to drop by.
                  You don't want me touching your meat. Just say it!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    You don't want me touching your meat. Just say it!
                    lol. i remember your stats from some other thread. yea you seem like you could hurt some meat.

Comment

what costco do you work at?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        So many people are uneducated, an a lot just don't care. Luckily, the local movement is opening people's eyes.

I don't buy any meat from Wal Mart/Sam's. I prefer to go to a butcher (David's). Lower grades are ok, but only if I'm making something with it other than steak. Steaks have to be prime or a really good choice cut.
                        There is a HUGE different between the two though.
                        BTW: Sams does carry PRIME cuts

Wal Mart and Sam's do not have the same meat distributor.
                        I am glad another person caught on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                          There is a HUGE different between the two though.
                          BTW: Sams does carry PRIME cuts

I am glad another person caught on as well.
                          I had someone explaine to me once that they operate as two seperate companies and really don't mix.

Comment

I thought you worked at Bank of America? Obviously I don't keep up with everyone's personal lives on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              I thought you worked at Bank of America? Obviously I don't keep up with everyone's personal lives on here.
                              yea I have a full time job and a part time gig.

Comment

can you get ahold of the skin that used to surround said steaks? if so i have a business proposition for you. we gonna be RICH!

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X