No announcement yet.

Cooking the perfect steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just put my Outback Steakhouse seasoning on it. I have a buddy at Outback that gave me a 5lb bag of their secret seasoning.
    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

• Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
      secret seasoning.
      Whoa! Damned hypocrite, any other time you don't like secrets!!!
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I cooked some steaks the other day and salted them for a hour before i started cooking them and it made a big difference.
        2007 Silverado CC
        1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

• Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
          I cooked some steaks the other day and salted them for a hour before i started cooking them and it made a big difference.
          An hour is a long time to salt them. Depending on the thickness, I do 30-35 min max for 1.25" ribeye.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            An hour is a long time to salt them. Depending on the thickness, I do 30-35 min max for 1.25" ribeye.

You obviously haven't read the entire thread.

Comment

• We had the Hawaiian ribeye at Hillstone/Houstons last night. Those steaks were great.
              Last edited by mstng86; 02-18-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I do 20-30 minutes a side depending on time.
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                Your opinion is what sucks.
                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

an hour per inch of thickness....
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Anyone else have a huge appetite the day after having steak for dinner? I always feel like I need a huge breakfast the next morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      an hour per inch of thickness....
                      I'll try it. But it sounds like overkill. I put enough salt on them they look white for the 30 min.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                        You obviously haven't read the entire thread.
                        Went back and looked it over again an I don't know what the he'll you are talking about. Salt time 30 minutes. Out in the counter time 1 hr.

Comment

Went back and looked it over again an I don't know what the he'll you are talking about. Salt time 30 minutes. Out in the counter time 1 hr.
                          Well if you couldn't find the links to the salting methods in this thread then either someone editted their posts or you are blind. 1 hour is not overkill for a 1"+ thick choice steak.

Comment

• Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                            http://steamykitchen.com/163-how-to-...me-steaks.html

Anyways... i'll usually just buy cheap ol T-Bone Steaks and cook them in a pan.

I usually just put salt and pepper. My gf eats everything with a sauce so i dont mind her using A1 after... But if she used ketchup, i'd have to Chris Brown her hahaha.. i kid

Quoting for Tim - read the link in the above post...

The Steak Secret: massively salt your steaks 1 hour before cooking for every inch of thickness.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              Well if you couldn't find the links to the salting methods in this thread then either someone editted their posts or you are blind. 1 hour is not overkill for a 1"+ thick choice steak.
                              Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Quoting for Tim - read the link in the above post...

The Steak Secret: massively salt your steaks 1 hour before cooking for every inch of thickness.
                              I have read the link...I read that shit a couple years ago when I believe Elvis posted it on dfwstangs. Im saying...from lots of experience of salting steaks since then... I think 1hr is going to be overkill. I love me some Tom Thumb choice ribeyes cut at 1 1/4- 1 1/2" thick. I have tried 45 minutes and its was just to salty. 30-35 minutes is perfect for me with a dollop of butter hot off the grill (or oven)

ok ok...now I clicked it again, I salt way heavier than that....that must be the difference. When I salt it, the top an bottom is nothing but white salt. You dont see much meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                OK, I will see if my local Brookshires can do it before I go out to Garland.

The guys driving around going door to door probably aren't an excellent source. JK

I have actually never bought from those guys before. Usually don't even open the door.

This guy is in Terrell, and has good quality cuts, I usually just eat the beef we raise on the ranch, but this is where I go for "supplemental" beef and pretty much any edible animal you can think of.
                                Slow moving projects
                                1964 C10 350/700r4
                                1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X