Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any decent buffets/ all you can eat places in DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
    I don't eat many meats ( no steak, pork, brisket, ribs, fish). I have a shitty mental block that I just can't get past over the texture of meats. Anything chewy or stringy or a tiny piece of fat or gristle(sp?) and that meal is over.
    Oh what a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Texas de brazil
      That's a buffet? Oh yeah, there were snails on it one time. And moss. Ew

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      MM shitty Mexican food.

I wish those guys that owned the one at 183 would come back.
      Those mother fuckers food poisoned me! I'll never go back to any Ponchos fuck them
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        That's a buffet? Oh yeah, there were snails on it one time. And moss. Ew

Those mother fuckers food poisoned me! I'll never go back to any Ponchos fuck them
        I'm not saying you don't know this, but most people pick the wrong culprit for food poising. It usually takes 16-18 hours to set in, and most people blame the last place they ate, which usually isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          Oh what a bitch
          I agree
          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I'm not saying you don't know this, but most people pick the wrong culprit for food poising. It usually takes 16-18 hours to set in, and most people blame the last place they ate, which usually isn't the case.
            Multiple people that ate there with me also got it though. And we don't live or work together so the most likely explanation is that we all got it from the same source. I ain't going back to give them a chance to do it again. It did take about 4 hours to set in.
            WH

Comment

AFRAH in Richardson has a bomb Mediterranean buffet for $10 during weekday lunches. All the juicy chicken you can eat and their mousse could blow the balls of a charging rhino from 50 yards out.

Comment

Chadra Mezza over on 8th Ave in Fort Worth has a good $10 lunch buffet. It's Lebanese with pizza and a salad bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                  What types of flavors is Mediterranean food?
                  I encourage anyone to give both a shot. Mediterraneans use a lot of saffron, yogurt, cucumber, and lamb to cook with. There are many things that are merely Mediterranean versions of staple food. Moussaka, for instance, is more or less a spaghetti meat sauce. Kabobs are nothing more than grilled meat (chicken, beef, etc). Saffron chicken is chicken cooked in yogurt with saffron, salt, and pepper, and I love it. Deep fried cauliflower is pretty good too, and I'm not a fan of cauliflower. I love gyros as well, and Terra has all the fixings out on the buffet.

For Indian, you'd have to be a little more adventurous to try, as it's not for everyone and the flavors are stronger. A good intoductory Indian dish, which is delicious, is chicken tikka masala. It is chicken in a tomato cream sauce. Imagine tomato basil soup with curry and chicken mixed in, served over basmati rice.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

While to statement about picking the wrong culprit is true, your timetable is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                      While to statement about picking the wrong culprit is true, your timetable is not accurate.

I say lots of things that aren't true!

Comment

While I have yet to try it, Japan HOuse was recommended by an Asian so it cant be to bad for Buffet Sushi.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          While I have yet to try it, Japan HOuse was recommended by an Asian so it cant be to bad for Buffet Sushi.

http://www.japanhouseplano.com/Default.aspx
                          Is this the equivalent of a white guy recommending a nice steak house?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Is this the equivalent of a white guy recommending a nice steak house?
                            Maybe, have any good suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post

http://www.japanhouseplano.com/Default.aspx
                              japan house is good. me and threefingerpete have been there several times and fucked up several hundred dollars retail worth of sushi for 25/ea. good and fresh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                I encourage anyone to give both a shot. Mediterraneans use a lot of saffron, yogurt, cucumber, and lamb to cook with. There are many things that are merely Mediterranean versions of staple food. Moussaka, for instance, is more or less a spaghetti meat sauce. Kabobs are nothing more than grilled meat (chicken, beef, etc). Saffron chicken is chicken cooked in yogurt with saffron, salt, and pepper, and I love it. Deep fried cauliflower is pretty good too, and I'm not a fan of cauliflower. I love gyros as well, and Terra has all the fixings out on the buffet.

For Indian, you'd have to be a little more adventurous to try, as it's not for everyone and the flavors are stronger. A good intoductory Indian dish, which is delicious, is chicken tikka masala. It is chicken in a tomato cream sauce. Imagine tomato basil soup with curry and chicken mixed in, served over basmati rice.
                                Thanks, I'll try to not be a faggot and give the Mediterranean place a chance.

This may be an idiotic question but... My wife loves sushi, even though she's only had it a handful of times, is there anything for a guy that doesn't like sushi to eat at a sushi buffet? As in how a Chinese buffet also has a salad bar.
                                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                                X