Thinking about buying my first AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying my first AK

And I'm going to have a few questions I'm sure. But my first is what caliber should I get? 5.45 or 7.62?

I have both and shoot the 7.62 more often but either cartridge works well. It is MUCH easier to get cheap 7.62x39 magazines; the top 5.45 ones are 3 times as much.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If you can find one, Zastava N-PAP 7.62X39. Those eastern bloc motherfuckers know what time it is when it comes to building an AK.
      ... or you can go a cheaper route and build a PSA "AR47" platform for around $280 (before FFL and accessories). Palmetto always has silly deals going on. Only real catch to that is 30rd magazines are around $20 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        If you can find one, Zastava N-PAP 7.62X39. Those eastern bloc motherfuckers know what time it is when it comes to building an AK.
        ... or you can go a cheaper route and build a PSA "AR47" platform for around $280 (before FFL and accessories). Palmetto always has silly deals going on. Only real catch to that is 30rd magazines are around $20 a pop.
        ^^^ You are not kidding. I had a really nice N-PAP with blond wood that was a sweet shooter but I gave it to a buddy as a gift. They can be had for under $600 so I may pick up a few more.

AR47? Not for all the money in the world.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

7.62 all day

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            ^^^ You are not kidding. I had a really nice N-PAP with blond wood that was a sweet shooter but I gave it to a buddy as a gift. They can be had for under $600 so I may pick up a few more.

Hell I think I paid $480 for mine new. Now to just put on my fucking side folder.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I picked up a Zastava O-PAP 7.62x39 from a board member a couple years back and it's a great shooting gun that shoots anything I've loaded into it so far..great quality guns.

Comment

I just sold my one and only AK for a nice profit. I should've bought an entire crate. They always go bang whenever you pull the trigger. Anyone can shoot one too.

Comment

Correction: It's more like $380 before accessories and FFL. Forgot the upper I bought from PSA did not have a BCG or CH. Bought a nitride BCG for $80 and mil-spec CH for around $15 I want to say?
                  Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  I just finished mine and have shot about a hundred rounds through it. Eats up Wolf steal case with no issue.

Comment

Good advice, get a psa ak47 and call it a day

Comment

Right now the WASR is the best bag for the buck AK. Comblock built instead of US built. Stay away from anything built by century. They import a lot of good stuff but can't build worth a damn. The NPAP are great but there have been many cases of very weak receivers.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        I picked up a Zastava O-PAP 7.62x39 from a board member a couple years back and it's a great shooting gun that shoots anything I've loaded into it so far..great quality guns.
                        I've never had a misfire in mine and have shot the cheapest, dirtiest shit through it. Love it.

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                        Good advice, get a psa ak47 and call it a day
                        ... or you can go a cheaper route and build a PSA "AR47" platform...
                        What?

Comment

Palmettostatearmory.com
                          Psa
                          Their ak47

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                            Palmettostatearmory.com
                            Psa
                            Their ak47
                            Psak47

Got one.

Love it.

Here's a good deal on one with the zhukov stock

$599 with free shipping

Comment

I'm a psa dealer, might be able to save you some money.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X