Military Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    It's not about it being something that third world countries do, IMO, rather it's akin to a dick measuring contest..
    That's exactly what it is and I'd happily attend if I still lived there. I understand the point of it being bullshit. Just think it's hilarious how it's all over news sites making sure to quote "third world bullshit..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      There is only one reason I can think of to do this parade and that's to try and scare the shit out of lil Kim in North Korea. Other than that, it's bullshit.

Here's the thing I don't like. As a soldier, you've got a lot of shit to do during your day. Besides doing your actual job, you've got PT, shining your boots and uniform maintenance, training, etc., etc., etc. I know there are soldiers that would disagree but I think many look at this as bullshit and just one more thing to do for the politicians.

You know what soldiers want? They want good equipment, good medical care for themselves and their families, and a pay raise.
      And to otherwise be left alone!

When I was active I don't remember anyone ever wanting to be in a parade or to have to participate in a ceremony. It generally fucking sucked and was considered a shitty detail. And a lot of people just don't get how much bulshit you have to put up with for these type of things. Forget about the planning, prep and practice for weeks or months leading up to it, just for the event alone you are spending hours and hours standing or marching in formation.

Hell, it's more of a punishment for those in the actual formation than it is an honor..You know, kinda like when your boss comes to you and says "you've really been doing a great job this year, and as a reward I am giving you more responsibility, increasing minimum standards for your goals and performance, AND you get to train other people!" and maybe you'll get a raise next year, once you 'prove yourself'.. :/

Comment

^^^^^exactly^^^^^

Comment

And to otherwise be left alone!

When I was active I don't remember anyone ever wanting to be in a parade or to have to participate in a ceremony. It generally fucking sucked and was considered a shitty detail. And a lot of people just don't get how much bulshit you have to put up with for these type of things. Forget about the planning, prep and practice for weeks or months leading up to it, just for the event alone you are spending hours and hours standing or marching in formation.

Hell, it's more of a punishment for those in the actual formation than it is an honor..You know, kinda like when your boss comes to you and says "you've really been doing a great job this year, and as a reward I am giving you more responsibility, increasing minimum standards for your goals and performance, AND you get to train other people!" and maybe you'll get a raise next year, once you 'prove yourself'.. :/
          Through my short years I've learned that hard work is rewarded with more hard work. Never be the best at your position or your boss might view you as irreplaceable. Be just good enough to keep your job, and you'll get a promotion.

Comment

You know what soldiers want? They want good equipment, good medical care for themselves and their families, and a pay raise.
            Thats the vibe I am getting. even if the whole parade was a fallacy or fake news as my good friend Brian calls it, the notion of such a show of braggadocio is terrible, and there are people who just want to do their jobs and live there lives without performing for a clown the dont agree with.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It's not about it being something that third world countries do, IMO, rather it's akin to a dick measuring contest..
              Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              That's exactly what it is and I'd happily attend if I still lived there.
              this is why i keep the grass cut low. peter puffers expose themselves typically regularly on the average.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                this is why i keep the grass cut low. peter puffers expose themselves typically regularly on the average.
                this is NOT what we had in mind about turning up in the club (a)ss junk

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

^^^^^exactly^^^^^
                  i also heard that trump requested a "military uniform" of his own, so theres that stolen valor thing. . . . . .
                  Last edited by naynay; 02-09-2018, 05:11 PM.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by FAKENEWS FUCKTARD View Post
                    this is NOT what we had in mind about turning up in the club (a)ss junk
                    Not even sure what your mutiple libtard posts mean other than your post op vag is salty. I don't read or speak fakenews fucktardineese. (a)ss junk? Wow.
                    Daizie is right. Your shit is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Through my short years I've learned that hard work is rewarded with more hard work. Never be the best at your position or your boss might view you as irreplaceable. Be just good enough to keep your job, and you'll get a promotion.
                      you stole that from claudette.
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

naynay doesnt forget
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I'm under the impression the only reason why you post here is your ex somehow fucked you out of something and you end up here for some sort of therapy. Which is it? Child support? Alimony? Both?

Comment

yes both, and you are an easy target.
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Respectfully (Is that word allowed in the Smackatorium?) you're dead on wrong. I've prided myself at being the best at my position. It's actually kinda hard here at VMware because it's hard to be the best among a group of alpha nerds that are at least as good as me. However at the Pentagon, Microsoft, Perot Systems, EDS then HP, and now VMware, pushing myself to be above the rest has always resulted in good things for me. At the very least, I'm usually the highest paid on the teams I'm a part of.

Comment

We know

Comment

Working...
                                X