No announcement yet.

New Laws Sept 1 -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me brass knuckles would almost exclusively be used as an offensive weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      Wait, what?
      Yea
      Because of a tragic incident all boaters get a new law

Kali’s Law is a new mandatory ignition “kill switch” requirement for boat operators and goes into effect Sept. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Seems to me brass knuckles would almost exclusively be used as an offensive weapon.
        Already ordered mine, my asp is old school steel and great for hitting assholes in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Already ordered mine, my asp is old school steel and great for hitting assholes in the neck.
          Yea baby!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            This. Mine isn't a spring loaded model, but it gets solid with the flick of a wrist. I know I wouldn't want to get hit with it.

Comment

This one is good for Teachers!
              School districts can no longer ban the possession of firearms that are stored in locked vehicles.
              Did you guys not see this!?! I am shocked this hasn't been all over!

Smoking age in Texas raised to 21
              Starting Sept. 1 anyone under 21 won’t be able to walk into the store and buy cigarettes or any other tobacco product.
              That is really shocking, but at least it makes more sense to me than having Alcohol at 21 but Tobacco at 18..

This is cool for dog owners:

Bill allowing dogs on restaurant patios in Texas signed by Gov. Abbott
              A bill that prohibits cities from putting restrictions on restaurants that want to let customers bring their four-legged friends on patios in Texas signed into law by Governor Greg Abbott.
              Col Tom Parker would approve of this one:
              DPS surcharges for traffic offenses going away
              In recent years the Texas Department of Public Safety had a policy in place that required motorists convicted of certain traffic offenses to pay an extra fee or surcharge on top of any fines or penalties for the actual traffic violation. That's going away.
              Oh, and FUCK THIEVES!!!!

Porch pirates beware!
              Starting September 1, the penalty for stealing packages from porches will be a whole lot tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                ...it gets solid with the flick of a wrist. I know I wouldn't want to get hit with it.
                Hey now...
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I can't believe that no one has brought up the new law that it is now a misdemeanor to email or text unsolicited sexual photos (ie. dick pics). So, ask and you shall receive, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    You got a crush on me or something little fella?
                    He's right, this board is full of your admonishments. I admonish you for admonishing.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Really, nothing about hemp being legal? You guys are slipping. This one has caused mass confusion state wide.
                    To what extent, exactly? And is there any word on when it will go full on legal like in some other states? I'd heard they were going to vote on it again this year, after it didn't go through back in 2017.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      To what extent, exactly? And is there any word on when it will go full on legal like in some other states? I'd heard they were going to vote on it again this year, after it didn't go through back in 2017.
                      Hemp, as in the textile / CBD producer.. Not real weed. THC concentration less than 0.3%

A lot of possession cases are being dismissed though, as they don't want to test (or can't) for the THC content.

The new law changed the definition of marijuana, and prosecutors and crime labs say they don't have the resources to test if a substance is legal hemp or marijuana.

Still, top prosecutors from across the state and political spectrum — from Harris to Tarrant counties — have dismissed hundreds of pending marijuana charges since the law was signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott and immediately went into effect on June 10. They have also signaled they won’t pursue any new charges without testing a substance to indicate if there is more than 0.3% of THC, the now-legal limit to distinguish between hemp and marijuana.

“In order to follow the Law as now enacted by the Texas Legislature and the Office of the Governor, the jurisdictions … will not accept criminal charges for Misdemeanor Possession of Marijuana (4 oz. and under) without a lab test result proving that the evidence seized has a THC concentration over .3%,” wrote the district attorneys from Harris, Fort Bend, Bexar and Nueces counties in a new joint policy released Wednesday morning.

Tarrant County’s District Attorney’s Office previously issued a similar statement, and since last month has dismissed 234 low-level marijuana cases. Harris is in the process of dismissing 26, according to a spokesperson. And Travis County officials said Wednesday evening 32 felony and 61 misdemeanor marijuana and THC cases were being dropped, according to a statement and KXAN News.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        Question on the insurance issue. I'm in the middle of having my roof replaced, the ins. co sent me a check for the full amount that the adjuster agreed to, minus my 1% deductable.

How is that going to make me pay my own deductable? All I did was find a roofer who would do what I wanted for the amount =/< the check.

I had to pay the roofing company my deductible. The actual roofing company people were horrible to work with. Talk to me about they don't do outside contractors for their work. BS.
                        Next time I will walk thru inside the house with the roofing guy and review all ceiling before they start working.

Comment

Working...
                        X