Clear All

• Do you tip for takeout food?

Do you tip for takeout food?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    sigpic

It really depends on the restaurant. If they have table service then yeah, counter service probably not. I'm not going to tip 20% though, I'm not taking a table that requires refills and bussing.

Comment

2 bucks

Comment

For Pizza and other places that I have to get out of my car, walk in, wait for the 16 year old to put down her phone, remember why she is behind the counter, turn around and walk 12 inches and grab my pizza and turn around and hand it to me...?

Comment

I do at sonic or sometimes chicken express if they bring the food out to me..

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            2 bucks
            X2...

I had a chick try to hit me with 20% of a $100 take out from uncle julios...

Comment

Generally if theres a tip line I will tip.

The amount depends on the place.

Edit: also I just about never pickup at restaurants any more because door dash is so much easier. And I certainly tip door dash.

Comment

Depends on the place, if its a small locally owned place than I'm more likely to tip.

Comment

In general, a tip doesn't just go to the person walking to your car, it goes into the same tip pool that is also shared with the cooks and dishwashers, same as dine in. Tip less if it makes you feel better, but a tip is still warranted imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    In general, a tip doesn't just go to the person walking to your car, it goes into the same tip pool that is also shared with the cooks and dishwashers, same as dine in. Tip less if it makes you feel better, but a tip is still warranted imo.
                    Seems like a management issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Seems like a management issue.
                      Your response seems like justification to be a cheapskate.

Comment

Is this really a surprise?

Comment

I tip well when there is a service provided.

Your response seems like justification for management to pay shit wages.

Comment

It's called the service industry for a reason, the pay structure incorporates tipping as a means to incent better service throughout the chain, and has been considered to be a part of the cost of a restaurant meal since well before you or I were even born. To put it on management as an excuse not to tip is seriously low class, and cheap.

Comment

Just because it's the norm it doesn't mean it's right. If I eat at a restaurant I will tip based on service. If I pay doordash to go get something, they aren't tipping the restaurant staff, at least that's what my bartender friends tell me.

You can call me cheap or low class. Your opinion has zero bearing on my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X