Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
    Anyone that ever thought Trump literally meant that Mexico was going to actually write a check for the wall is an idiot.
    I never understood where people were getting that. He said they'd pay for it, then clarified that basically they'd pay for it. And its trump, and he seems kind of fond on delivering. And mexico is an ant compared to us. I still don't doubt that in the end, one way or another, yeah they'll foot the bill. He could simply collect it all in tariffs from them, with interest. He's got lots of options available.
    WH

Comment

Naynay, you said you voted for Trump. But, before assuming more, will you say whether or not you are for or against the wall?

Comment

I doubt Nay voted for Trump....

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          He could simply collect it all in tariffs from them, with interest. He's got lots of options available.
          A tariff is like a corporate income tax in that it is really borne by the end consumer and not the person/corp who the tax is levied against. His best bet is to tax the fuck out of remittances to countries south of our border or to seize Mexican government assets that are located in our country.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            But they will pay for it. When US money is staying stateside inside of going into illegal immigrants pocket and then across the border, Mexico pays for it. When there are less illegal immigrants being supported by tax dollars, Mexico pays for it. Basically, any money that stays in the US or isn't spent supporting illegal immigrants is a dollar that they're "paying" in my opinion. I'm all for the wall and secure borders with my dollars, especially if we're cutting money to arts and crafts and many other programs.

If someone wants to support many of the organizations that get tax dollars, then let them right a check. I have a ton of groups that I support including one in a foreign country. That's my choice and my check beyond my tax dollars. That's how all groups should be including NPR, PBS, etc.
            Exactly. I just didn't have time to type all of that when I replied.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              A tariff is like a corporate income tax in that it is really borne by the end consumer and not the person/corp who the tax is levied against. His best bet is to tax the fuck out of remittances to countries south of our border or to seize Mexican government assets that are located in our country.
              Win/win. The prices go up, well its cheaper to buy american now. Which he also seems to want. There's lots of stuff he could do. He has all the cards and they have none. He's got them over a barrel. Of course its mexico, so that's not surprising.
              WH

Comment

I for one, just want to know where the entire idea that the USA is the only country on Earth that shouldn't protect its own borders. Try border hopping in Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Turkey and see how that goes over. But globalists want the USA to allow any US hating person to just come on over? Fuck them. And $4.1B compared to the money wasted on illegal immigrants and lost tax revenue is a huge financial win for the USA. I believe recently I read $15B a year is spent on illegal immigration. Wall pays itself off immediately. Anyone not seeing the economic benefit is undereducated. Investors would kill for this rate of return.

Comment

They seem to want it there too. But they're willing to start here, because they know they have to start here. Got to take down the big dog first, then they'll focus on those smaller guys. They think that all those people can live together in a perfect utopia as well. Just ask 'em, its no problem.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    I believe recently I read $15B a year is spent on illegal immigration.

There are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year.

Executive Summary Unlawful immigration and amnesty for current unlawful immigrants can pose large fiscal costs for U.S. taxpayers. Government provides four types of benefits and services that are relevant to this issue:

I've seen other claims of up to 103,000,000,000. Count those zeroes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                      There are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year.

Executive Summary Unlawful immigration and amnesty for current unlawful immigrants can pose large fiscal costs for U.S. taxpayers. Government provides four types of benefits and services that are relevant to this issue:

I've seen other claims of up to 103,000,000,000. Count those zeroes!!!!
                      So again the wall is a bargain. It's a great investment no matter what numbers you use. It will pay for itself immediately and result in a huge savings for the government in the future. Win, win, win!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        So again the wall is a bargain. It's a great investment no matter what numbers you use. It will pay for itself immediately and result in a huge savings for the government in the future. Win, win, win!!!!
                        I'm getting tired of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by no one ever View Post
                          I'm getting tired of winning.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

The U.S. Justice Department is developing plans to temporarily reassign immigration judges from around the country to 12 cities to speed up deportations of illegal immigrants who have been charged with crimes, according to two administration officials.

How many judges will be reassigned and when they will be sent is still under review, according to the officials, but the Justice Department has begun soliciting volunteers for deployment.

The targeted cities are New York; Los Angeles; Miami; New Orleans; San Francisco; Baltimore, Bloomington, Minnesota; El Paso, Texas; Harlingen, Texas; Imperial, California; Omaha, Nebraska and Phoenix, Arizona. They were chosen because they are cities which have high populations of illegal immigrants with criminal charges, the officials said.

Comment

Comment

Haha ^^

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                                ...to speed up deportations of illegal immigrants who have been charged with crimes...

There is a plan, but I'm still curious as to why they're starting with the ones who have committed "crimes". Unless that is the plan. They've all committed a crime.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X