Durable deck stain/sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durable deck stain/sealer

Looking for a durable deck stain/sealer. The guy who built the deck suggested "Ready Seal", but I found it discolored heavily in a year. What is really a good sealant?

Sikkens products. You want an oil based product so it will penetrate into the wood to hold it's color and seal

Comment

I just put up a cedar privacy fence and the local specialty lumber yard had PPG stain and claimed it to be some pretty good shit. I didn’t buy any because I like the natural cedar look for now but if it helped it last longer I would.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
        I just put up a cedar privacy fence and the local specialty lumber yard had PPG stain and claimed it to be some pretty good shit. I didn’t buy any because I like the natural cedar look for now but if it helped it last longer I would.
        If you like the natural look just get clear sealant/protector. Otherwise you're going to have the same ugly grey fence as everyone else that doesnt keep up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Do as Ruffdaddy suggested and use a clear product, preferably on both sides of the fence of course.

Comment

Just put 2 coats (24 hours between coats) of PPG Timeless on the deck. At $45 per gallon, it better be durable! Took 3 gallons

Comment

Did you spray or brush/roll it on?

Comment

I used a sponge type mop

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                  Looking for a durable deck stain/sealer. The guy who built the deck suggested "Ready Seal", but I found it discolored heavily in a year. What is really a good sealant?
                  How big of a deck did you build? Cost?
                  I've gotten three quote for $5,000 and up. I

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    How big of a deck did you build? Cost?
                    I've gotten three quote for $5,000 and up. I
                    500 sq feet, pressure treated pine frame, all cedar boards. $5500

Comment

Dam, I only needed 200 sqft

You got any contact info for these peoples?

Comment

im laughin my ass off at these tags. keep em coming!
                        WH

Comment

Not about me tho. About other people.

Who did that? Who wrote those?!?! I demand to know. I will report this to.. to... him.
                          WH

Comment

Nobody reads tags except people that write them. I cant tell you the last time I paid attention to them.

Comment

Working...
                            X