Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Storage in Porsche Cayenne

Hi Fellas,

I'm looking for ideas on legal weapon storage in my new Cayenne. My previous vehicle was a Ram 1500. I had no problem simply keeping my weapon in the the arm rest storage. The space in the Cayenne is rather limited so I'm thinking of where else I can store my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm when I'm in the car and driving.

The first thing that comes to mind is under the steering column. However that is technically not legal. In Texas a weapon that is in a car, must remain concealed. Concealed means it cannot be seen when the car doors are open.

I was thinking of mounting a GunVault SV500 SpeedVault Biometric under the steering column. The weapon would be cased, so that makes it legally concealed. Has anyone looked into this in the past or actually done it? Do you like this idea or think it's plain ole dumb?

Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Hi Fellas,

I'm looking for ideas on legal weapon storage in my new Cayenne. My previous vehicle was a Ram 1500. I had no problem simply keeping my weapon in the the arm rest storage. The space in the Cayenne is rather limited so I'm thinking of where else I can store my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm when I'm in the car and driving.

The first thing that comes to mind is under the steering column. However that is technically not legal. In Texas a weapon that is in a car, must remain concealed. Concealed means it cannot be seen when the car doors are open.

I was thinking of mounting a GunVault SV500 SpeedVault Biometric under the steering column. The weapon would be cased, so that makes it legally concealed. Has anyone looked into this in the past or actually done it? Do you like this idea or think it's plain ole dumb?

Thanks in advance..
    I have a holster mount under the steering column. I've been stopped 3 times and haven't had a problem. You can also see the weapon if you are really looking for it, but it doesn't look like a firearm. I was told it's not in plain sight so it's cool. I suppose it could be up to the officers interpretation of the law.

Comment

Yeah, our 08 GTS has jack shit for storage too. Consider a door pocket with a piece of leather folded over it or find a smaller gun. I know a S&W Shield fits in the upper console pocket in ours and the lower compartment in the armrest is slightly larger.

Or, just carry on your hip and problem solved wherever you go!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I was told it's not in plain sight so it's cool. I suppose it could be up to the officers interpretation of the law.
          Yea, I agree with this. I'm looking for any solution that fits the very definition of the law but I may just say screw it and put it under the column.

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          Yeah, our 08 GTS has jack shit for storage too. Consider a door pocket with a piece of leather folded over it or find a smaller gun. I know a S&W Shield fits in the upper console pocket in ours and the lower compartment in the armrest is slightly larger.

Or, just carry on your hip and problem solved wherever you go!
          I do have an S&W M&P Shield. I prefer my Beretta but I may just go that direction.

Comment

I've had some issues with storing my Unica 6 in my 918, so I just cut the upholstery on the door with a pocket knife and slid it in.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              I've had some issues with storing my Unica 6 in my 918, so I just cut the upholstery on the door with a pocket knife and slid it in.
              Pics? I'd like to see how you did it. I'm considering the same for my 918.

Comment

Well... I didn't wanna stunt on anyone but when I bought Ralph Lauren's Porsche 959, I at the same time opted to have the surgery to allow my right leg to open up and function as a drop leg holster ala RoboCop. Again, not trying to front because I have a Porsche, just letting you know when we ball as hard as we do that we got options!

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  Well... I didn't wanna stunt on anyone but when I bought Ralph Lauren's Porsche 959, I at the same time opted to have the surgery to allow my right leg to open up and function as a drop leg holster ala RoboCop. Again, not trying to front because I have a Porsche, just letting you know when we ball as hard as we do that we got options!

God bless.

Davbrucs do the surgery? Baller on baller type shit?

Comment

You guys are doing it all wrong. I let my security detail in the Burb behind me carry all the guns. That way my cowskin interior doesn't get oily or torn.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Your white privilege means you don't need a gun

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        I have a holster mount under the steering column. I've been stopped 3 times and haven't had a problem. You can also see the weapon if you are really looking for it, but it doesn't look like a firearm. I was told it's not in plain sight so it's cool. I suppose it could be up to the officers interpretation of the law.

Tape tissue paper over it that is approximately the same color as the interior. It doesn't impede access and it meets the letter of the law about being concealed. It is what I do. Black gun, black holster, and a black interior; in both of my Porsches.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          Your white privilege means you don't need a gun
                          lmao!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                          X