Elvis revolvers set new records at auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis revolvers set new records at auction

Rock Island Auction Company sold the Elvis memorabilia during their premiere firearms auction last weekend with an embellished Smith & Wesson Model 19-2 bringing $195,500 and a Colt Python hitting the gavel at $172,500. RIA said each price is a world record for its respective model.

The Python, also a .357, was expected to bring $125-175K and went for $172,500.
    “We had high hopes for these incredible firearms, and our collectors did not let us down,” said RIAC President Kevin Hogan in a statement. “It’s such a huge honor to be entrusted with the possessions of an American legend, but we also had a lot of fun with it and everyone here did as well. Half an hour before Elvis’ items sold, there wasn’t a seat to be had in our auction hall. It was absolutely electric with anticipation.”

According to the auction house, Presley bought the revolvers in 1970 from a Beverly Hills sporting goods store before sending them to Germany to be elaborately decorated. One was presented to Vice President Spiro Agnew as a gift but was returned a short time later while Agnew was being investigated for corruption.

A diamond and ruby studded Shelby County sheriff’s badge, also owned by Elvis, went in a separate lot.

LOL! I thought you were talking about Paul!

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      LOL! I thought you were talking about Paul!

God bless
      You'd have to take into account the bodies attached to each firearm and whether it got thrown off a bridge into a river.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Well it is Paul so we would be talking about thrown off a bridge and into the Bay

Comment

haha!!!

those pistols are badass. i do however have a sweetass Ruger GP100 6inch stainless for sale. $600 come get it.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Post pictures of it

If it was the 4" or 3" I'd be interested

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Post pictures of it

If it was the 4" or 3" I'd be interested
              haha!! i gotta figure this pic thing out. i'm 100% sure that's why it hasn't sold.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
              X