No announcement yet.

Canadian sniper breaks world record for longest confirmed kill shot in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian sniper breaks world record for longest confirmed kill shot in history

Also known as a typical afternoon of target practice for SVO.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

A sniper from the Canadian special forces working with Joint Task Force 2 in Iraq just obliterated all standing records for a long-distance confirmed kill. The soldier took out an ISIS jihadi from an astonishing 3540 meters away—that's nearly 2.25 miles.
      Canada's Globe and Mail quoted a military source who said the incredible shot "disrupted a Daesh [Islamic State] attack on Iraqi security forces." It was also preferable in this instance to a bomb which might kill civilians as well. The sniper used a "a very precise application of force and because it was so far way, the bad guys didn't have a clue what was happening," the source said.

A separate source told the paper that this amazing hit was no pumped-up brag from the field, but verified by "hard data."
      "It isn't an opinion. It isn't an approximation," said the other source, "There is a second location with eyes on with all the right equipment to capture exactly what the shot was."
      Some in the military indicated a belief that this is an unbreakable record. After all, the previous record-holder was a British sniper who took out a member of the Taliban from just over a mile-and-a-half away.
      As the Globe and Mail noted, the longest shot ever made by an American sniper was a 1.4 mile kill by Sgt. Bryan Kremer in 2004.
      No one wants to go to war, but if we have to, sounds like the snipers in western military organizations are only getting better and better. And from more than two miles away, the enemy will never know what hit them.

Comment

Rifle (McMillan Tac 50) made stateside and likely feed U.S. ammo.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

2.1 miles with a 50 caliber isn't that incredible for a sniper but damn that's far

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            2.1 miles with a 50 caliber isn't that incredible for a sniper but damn that's far
            When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at.
              Nice quote!

Comment

Multi-second time to target, isnt it?

Pretty impressive confirmed kill.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

The article from my link said just under 10 seconds from the time the trigger was pulled until impact.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

yes that's impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Lol
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Wut?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Wut?
                          in sniper school they shoot 1.5 and 2 miles for training and practice

Comment

in sniper school they shoot 1.5 and 2 miles for training and practice
                            Your definition of incredible must also be what's impossible then.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X