No announcement yet.

Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Buffett..... Some people claim there's an employee (or customer) to blame, but I know it's blacksnake's damn fault.

Comment

Just drove by your place, on 114? If you are out running around, drive through the Marriott across from the TMS. Lots of Mopars old and new!

Comment

Wait. She bought something and then you said you didn't want to sell it after the transaction was done?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          So, you had a $8k buffet that was not for sale sitting in a STORE next to other items being sold, and you didn't have a sign on it making it clear that it was not for sale, and/or you didn't make sure everyone working there knew it wasn't for sale, and/or you didn't make sure to clarify over the phone which piece it was that was about to get sold.

There were several mistakes made here on your end, not just one "honest" mistake. As bad as it sucks, I'd chalk it up to an expensive lesson. It sounds like there is a ton of room for error in your operation, and this should be motivation to start tightening things up, so that hopefully it doesn't happen to you again.

Good luck!
          Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          This exactly.
          Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          So you made a nice offer? Think about what you're saying man, on top of what you've said are all your mistakes.

She has a deal going NOW where she could potentially make thousands.

You're offering her a deal where she may make 400 bucks at best.

No good man. People do this (your tenants probably do the same) sort of thing all the time for extra money or as their business. Buy cheap...sell for profit.

The burden falls on you to make it worth her while and maybe she'll soften and sell it back cheaper. You're pissed off and running a risk of it being sold (or hidden) before your injunction applies (if it can be done legally) or you can otherwise do anything about it.

Plus, a deal is a deal....or business is business.

I do hope you both can work out an amicable agreement, but what I'm saying is you may need to consider some realities and consider how she is thinking. Her being a good or bad person does not apply in this case since you made a legit deal with her.

Additionally, I could sit here and say you're right. I suspect a lot of folks are just telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear. Does not mean people don't sympathize (Sympathy is part of why I'm writing this one last post) but if you want that piece back, you best consider what other folks are telling you. She has more options than you do if she wants to play dirty/hardball or otherwise fight back.

-Stashes it at friends house
          -Calls police about it being stolen
          -Gets your paperwork from lawyer (at cost to you) and laughs
          -Sells at profit at later date

Just one of many scenarios she can do to pull the carpet out from under you on your lawyer plan.

Wayne has a history of playing victim on here, and the old board. I bet you can go back 5 years and 9 out of 10 posts will be about "someone trying to get over on him" and him looking for personal info on someone.

The guy is a complete dumbass and I have no idea how he has the capacity to run one business, much less 2. There. Someone had to fucking say it.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            No need to be sorry. Most see it they way we do. There are some who do it your way, but not many. The customer took full advantage when she said she would return it for 10k. We made her a reasonable offer by refunding her money and giving her another nice buffet.
            You technically didn't make her a reasonable offer though. You offered her exactly what she paid for it even though self admittedly it is worth at least 8k. A reasonable offer would have been what its worth when you are buying from any of your potential customer $6k or more. Have you ever bought something that was a smoking deal and then called the person you bought it from back to tell them "hey, I ended up paying way too little for this, I'd like to give you more money for it now"?

I also don't agree that most people are agreeing with you. Yes, the honorable thing to do may be for the buyer to chalk it up as a mistake on your end but they certainly wont be under any obligation by any court of law regardless of what any attorney is telling you. When with the sheriffs department I worked in civil courts where stuff like this popped up and there was no deceit on the buyers part that would give you a legal out.

Comment

I just wonder how Blacksnake always ends up in these situations. It must be constant drama at the Blacksnake house. Seriously.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Wayne has a history of playing victim on here, and the old board. I bet you can go back 5 years and 9 out of 10 posts will be about "someone trying to get over on him" and him looking for personal info on someone.

The guy is a complete dumbass and I have no idea how he has the capacity to run one business, much less 2. There. Someone had to fucking say it.
                Fuck you. You have no clue. And actually I run 3 very successful businesses and manage a 3000 acre deer lease. Dfwmustangs is very resourceful and I don't mind taking advantage of the help here. It's always proved to be helpful. Now go back to waiting tables or whatever it is you do. 😊
                Photobucket

Comment

Did you get the buffet back?
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                  X