No announcement yet.

Opinions on SUV's with 3rd row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input guys, went and looked at a 2013 Durango today, I wasn't really all that impressed. We are going to test drive some stuff this weekend, I've been looking at used for the most part since we are wanting to stay in the mid to low 20's. Have also been contemplating getting rid of the mustang since it sits in the garage most of the time, but I know I will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Thanks for the input guys, went and looked at a 2013 Durango today, I wasn't really all that impressed. We are going to test drive some stuff this weekend, I've been looking at used for the most part since we are wanting to stay in the mid to low 20's. Have also been contemplating getting rid of the mustang since it sits in the garage most of the time, but I know I will regret it.
      You can find Explorer Sports for $25-27 on occasion.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        We've been looking at them as well and the best deals we have found have been a five star ford in North Richland Hills and Plano. You can get a $65,000 vehicle for the low 50s upper 40s with all of the discounts. Supplies are getting low though so you have to act quick because the 18s will be coming in soon

David
        Yeah, my concern is available inventory. The wife is being pretty specific in what she wants. Oxford or platinum white, tan leather interior, and the supply is dwindling pretty rapidly. It has been so long since I shopped for used cars, I'm not sure if incentives are pretty much as good as they are going to get! (or the combination of incentives plus 0% for 72)
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

im concerned that a gent that can shoehorn a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5 03 cobras with 315's on the rear into a ford fusion is having issues fitting a couple of kids in a ford edge...

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            im concerned that a gent that can shoehorn a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5 03 cobras with 315's on the rear into a ford fusion is having issues fitting a couple of kids in a ford edge...

god bless.

Haha!! Fusions are underrated for hauling. I don't really have a problem with it but I am usually in my truck or mustang. Happy wife, keep the mustang.

Comment

I have 2 kids, sat and drove the Yukon XL, the Escalade, and the Ecpedition EL. The back seal in the EL was just way more comfortable with room for longer legs. We ended up with a 2017 Expedition EL 4x4 and absolutely love it! Get the 22's and captains 2nd row!! We are getting about 18mpg even with the 4.10's.

Comment

Time for a mini van!

Comment

FLEX We are on our second one with no issues. Looking for a new one with ecoboost now. Handles like a car and can haul 7 people to florida if you want. The tt will go a high 12 with a tune.

Comment

A few things I've observed with the Honda Pilot...

1. 3rd Row folds up/down.
                    2. Is a split seat so don't always need to take up extra cargo space for 1 kid. (Kids love riding back there)
                    3. Even with both sides up, there is space for some small items/luggage behind the 3rd row. This will not be the case for all SUVs. Additionally - it could be argued that extra cushion would be a plus for a rear end collision.

With that said, it only comes in V6 - there is an AWD version. The 6 banger does okay at pulling a 22' boat, but I'd not do it daily or in hilly/mountain terrain.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Just be wary of anything Ford with the 3.5 Duratec (Edge, Flex, Explorer). The water pumps grenade anywhere from 80K + and will slowly leak coolant into your oil before the water pump bearing finally blows.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Thanks for the input guys, went and looked at a 2013 Durango today, I wasn't really all that impressed.
                        What all didn't impress you? Should've been looking at 2014s and newer. They were refreshed exterior/interior and got the 8 speed transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                          What all didn't impress you? Should've been looking at 2014s and newer. They were refreshed exterior/interior and got the 8 speed transmission.
                          well, it's a dodge...
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            well, it's a dodge...
                            I hate all Dodge things, EXCEPT for the Durango. Sorry, but Ford can't touch it. Especially now with the Durango SRT.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Just be wary of anything Ford with the 3.5 Duratec (Edge, Flex, Explorer). The water pumps grenade anywhere from 80K + and will slowly leak coolant into your oil before the water pump bearing finally blows.

I suspect that switching to Evans coolant on day 1 would alleviate that problem. Most pump bearing failures are caused by shaft seal leaks and most shaft seal leaks are caused by abrasion or aggressive coolant chemistry. Ford could also have simply used shit bearings in the water pumps but Ford normally uses top quality bearing in their alternators and water pumps.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                                Well, went and looked at a 2015 durango limited today and it was way better than the 13. Pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X