Star Wars: The Old Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
    O he'll yes. Even wen I was still playing wow (I can hook y'all up with a really nice therapy group who has a 10 step quitting program for cheap ) I vowed to quit it just for SWTOR. I AM 100% down for this. Now, any idea on release date or story backdrop? I thought I saw clone troops with Jango Fett's face meaning these are the Movie era clone troopers. Fill me in!
    Actually, The Old Republic takes place a few thousand years before the Star Wars saga that we know took place. From what I remember, the Jedi thinks that the Sith are nearly gone because they haven't seen/heard from them in a while, but in reality the Sith have just been building their numbers up. This is before the Sith Lord/Apprentice situation.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Ok, so this is during the SWNOTOR? That was suppose to be like 4 thousand yrs before yoda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        Ok, so this is during the SWNOTOR? That was suppose to be like 4 thousand yrs before yoda.
        Nights? Really?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Have they stated what the requirements for the PC are? I am at work and they don't let me go on game websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Nights? Really?
            Boogie Nights meets Star Wars.

You've never heard of the Jedi Knight Dirk Stardiggler?

Comment

Originally posted by Chvyblzr1972 View Post
              Have they stated what the requirements for the PC are? I am at work and they don't let me go on game websites.
              No they have not realeased the requirments as far as I know.

Comment

If you apply for the Beta program, there is a PC scanner utility that sends your PC info to them.

I think it lets you know if your computer is or isn't compatible with the current Beta release.

Comment

I like how this is 4000 years before the Clone Wars era yet their technology hasn't changed one bit.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I like how this is 4000 years before the Clone Wars era yet their technology hasn't changed one bit.
                    They've mastered galactic travel....where do you go after that? In 4000 years, they should be up to 200g phone speeds.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      There was a long talk from one of the dev's about this, I can't remember the details but basically there was no reason to advance technology during that time was the jist of it.

edit: oh yeah, and it was something like the curve of technology advancement had flattened out during that period (if that makes sense)

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                        X