No announcement yet.

Podcasts and Audiobooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial kind of got me started, it was pretty good but it was open ended so that was a bummer. I think i'd like to hear a full trial in a 1-2hr podcast with a conclusion at the end.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm a podcast junkie. Listed in more-or-less favorite-to-least:

"What are you doing movie?" by Friends In Your Head
      A movie commentary podcast staffed by hollywood professionals who are brilliant at finding ways to improve story.

RadioLab
      Well produced and often blurs the line between science and philosophy

Hollywood Babble-On
      Kevin Smith and Frank Garman (from KROQ in LA) talk show business in a very funny way. Frank is the hero in this podcast. Kevin Smith is along for the ride.

The Tobolowsky Files
      Actor Stephen Tobolowsky tells stories from his very interesting life. Well-crafted and introspective.

Still Untitled: Adam Savage
      Pretty much what you would think. Talks about making things, his life, pop culture stuff.

Stuff You Should Know
      From HowStuffWorks.com

Freakonomics Radio
      A well-done exploration of the economics behind regular things and the surprising motivators. An extension of the book.

Edit: Honorable mention goes to "We're Alive", an old school style radio drama about the zombpocolypse. It's like an audiobook with a big cast of voice actors and sound effects. Kind of like listening to a TV show.

Comment

hearing protection is required at my job and the set I use have an input jack on them so I listen to audiobooks and podcasts at least 6-7 hours a day. I have a membership to audible.com which is great and there are so many podcasts out there. It makes my boring job much more enjoyable.

hardcore history
        joe rogan experience
        tangentially speaking
        ari shaffir skeptic tank
        bill burr's monday morning podcast
        the talking dead
        you made it weird
        tim ferris

but I try new ones out all the time.

Comment

Whats the deal with Joe Rogan, what kind of stuff does he talk about?
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
            Dan Carlin's Commonsense

I only recently got into them from youtube.

How stuff works sounds cool.

Comment

I listen to
              Bill Burr
              Penn's sunday school
              joe rogan

as for the amazon prime, can you listen to free book audio with a sub?

Comment

Anyone have any other Podcast suggestions?

Comment

Tim Ferriss podcast
                  EP:Meet "Scorpion," The Real-Life Santa Claus with an IQ of 197
                  EP:Jamie Foxx on Workout Routines, Success Habits, and Untold Hollywood Stories

These are both great and had me chomping at the bit for more. Jamie Foxx is a badass mofo.

Comment

NPR's home to showcase all of the podcasts from the NPR family. You can listen to recent episodes of your favorite podcasts and subscribe using your app of choice. Looking for more great listens? Browse our entire catalogue by topic or, on each podcast's page, discover similar podcasts.

Comment

I have added a few to my stable.

99% Invisible - Design, in the broadest sense of the term. Roman Mars, the host, has a fun Ted talk about the design of flags.

Serial - In-depth investigations on a couple of high profile cases. One, a 17 year old murder case, and season 2 just focused on the Bowe Bergdahl case.

Imaginary Worlds - about fictional story telling and why it appeals to us as humans.

Song Exploder - Analysis of how a particular song is arranged by the people who wrote it.

Reply All - About the internet
                      Last edited by BLAKE; 04-13-2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Started listening to pod cast the past few weeks.

Randy newberg hunt talk radio
                        Meat eater
                        Gritty bowmen
                        Wired to hunt

Basically anything hunting and conservation

Comment

I drive around alone all day and when I'm in checking my equipment I'm alone and listening to headphones so I listen to allot of Sat radio and podcast.

Sirius Jason Ellis
                          Joe Rogan experience
                          Bertcast podcast. Bert Kreischer
                          Church of whats happening now. joey diaz
                          Ku and the gang podcast < last 10mins is worth checking out every podcast.
                          Sofa King Podcast just started listening to this and I really like it, kinda do conspiracy theories and facts about people and events. It Worth checking out.
                          The cheif and shawn podcast
                          your moms house podcast. tom segura & Christina Pazsitzky
                          Fighter & the kid
                          The MMA hour

Comment

These are my regulars. Tim Ferriss and TED are by far the best.

Tim Ferriss
                            Each episode, I deconstruct world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics and tools you can use.
                            TED Radio Hour
                            A journey through fascinating ideas, astonishing inventions, and new ways to think and create. Based on riveting TEDTalks from the world's most remarkable minds.
                            This Week in Startups
                            the most interesting, outrageous & illuminating stories from the world of entrepreneurship
                            The Energy Gang
                            Join us as we delve into the technological, political and market forces driving energy and environmental issues.
                            Center for Global Energy Policy
                            In each episode of this podcast series, we bring you a conversation among top energy experts drawn from industry, government, academia and civil society about our energy future
                            Jocko Podcast
                            Retired Navy SEAL, Jocko Willink and Director, Echo Charles discuss discipline and ownership in business, war, relationships and everyday life.
                            99% Invisible
                            99% Invisible (99 Percent Invisible) is a weekly exploration of the process and power of design and architecture.
                            BBC Business Matters
                            Global business news, with live guests and contributions from Asia and the USA
                            Hardcore History (these are LONG AS FUCK... like 4+ hours each)
                            In "Hardcore History" journalist and broadcaster Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", unorthodox way of thinking and applies it to the past. Was Alexander the Great as bad a person as Adolf Hitler? What would Apaches with modern weapons be like? Will our modern civilization ever fall like civilizations from past eras? This isn't academic history (and Carlin isn't a historian) but the podcast's unique blend of high drama, masterful narration and Twilight Zone-style twists has entertained millions of listeners.
                            Gastropod
                            A podcast about food with a side of history and science.
                            Radiolab
                            radio show and podcast weaving stories and science into sound and music-rich documentaries
                            This American Life
                            There's a theme to each episode of This American Life, and a variety of stories on that theme. Most of the stories are journalism, with an occasional comedy routine or essay. There's lots more to the show, but it's sort of hard to describe.
                            Song Exploder
                            A podcast where musicians take apart their songs, and piece by piece, tell the story of how they were made.
                            Stuff You Should Know
                            published by the HowStuffWorks website and hosted by Josh Clark and Charles W. "Chuck" Bryant, both writers at HowStuffWorks. The podcast educates listeners on a wide variety of topics, often using popular culture as a reference giving the podcast comedic value.
                            Surprisingly Awesome
                            A show hosted by Adams Davidson and McKay that reveals the hidden awesomeness in everyday things.
                            Dirtbag Diaries
                            This is adventure. Climbing. Skiing. Hiking. Biking. Travel. Whatever your passion, we are all dirtbags. Outdoor writer Fitz Cahall and his team presents stories about the dreamers, athletes and wanderers.
                            What's the Point (This is from Nate Silver and the guys at 538)
                            A show about our data age. Each week, Jody Avirgan brings you stories and interviews on how data is changing our lives.
                            Last edited by Strychnine; 04-14-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Howard Stern downloads http://ewilliams.me/

Comment

FYI, Dan Carlin just released another episode of Hardcore History

Also, some new good ones:

Twenty Thousand Hertz
                                Stories about the world's most recognizable and interesting sounds
                                The Forward
                                The Forward with Lance Armstrong gives the audience a rare and revealing listen into Armstrong's conversations with some of the most interesting people he's met through the years. Guests of the weekly podcast include an eclectic range of personalities—some well-known, others simply with intriguing stories to tell—from the world of politics, entertainment, art, business, sport and more
                                How I Built This
                                How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built
                                The Sheepdog Project
                                They are known as Sheepdogs. Tim Kennedy, combat proven Special Forces Sniper, Airborne Ranger, and Mixed Martial Arts fighter. Tim has dedicated his life to protecting others, and teaching the skills of both armed and unarmed combat to the next generation of Sheepdogs. Doctor Mike Simpson, former Special Forces Operator, Airborne Ranger, and battle-proven warrior with over three decades of military experience. Mike has made it his mission to save lives both on and off the battlefield, and to spread the ethos of what it means to be a Sheepdog.

But, really, I've been binging on Joe Rogan stuff lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X