Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam install and a tune.

I have 2006 300C SRT8 ( 6.1L ) that's all stock at about 96k miles on it. I am a poser so I want whatever the biggest cam I can get that is driveable, and I dont mind updating the valve train or whatever else that is needed to maintain some semblance of reliability. I work from home and dont drive often if that helps. I also dont have any major plans for the car other than just gay ass boltons, and doubt it will ever have nitrous or forced induction. I looked up super and turbo charges and just cant justify the price right now.

I am on the east side of DFW ( Rockwall/Mesquite ).

I also have some electric cutouts I want to put on.

I would love to take it to HPP, but they are pretty busy. Any recommendations?

Andy at prime tuning..

Jk shout out to him.. Have you tried true street?

Comment

I'm not sure if there is anyone in DFW that will put a cam in the Dodge cars. It is not worth it in terms of power per dollar spent. Honestly, to put a cam and change the valve springs with tune will cost you about the same as a blower.

Scott
      Scott Ganow
      Lone Star Performance
      16300 Midway Rd
      Addison, TX 75001
      214-630-5006

Comment

Maybe give John at Anything Automotive a call.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Maybe give John at Anything Automotive a call.
          That was going to be my suggestion as well..

Comment

fucking dodge people.

Comment

DFW has declined in Dodge mod shops for sure. We still see a healthy amount weekly and can cater to any mod/build/porting/tuning you would want to throw at the car. You can call the shop or email/pm me if you like and we can talk. If so, great! If not, that's cool too!

Comment

I doubt a cam, installation, and a tune is going to cost me even half as much as a decent supercharger. I'd love to see that unit if I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  I doubt a cam, installation, and a tune is going to cost me even half as much as a decent supercharger. I'd love to see that unit if I'm wrong though.
                  Probably $3-4k turn key cam, valvetrain, labor, and tune
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    Truth.

Speedtek also seems to have at least one Dodge in there all the time.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      Right. Not at all close to a supercharger. We're talking roughly $3k (or less) installed with supporting mods, fluids, programmer (if you don't already have one) and tuned. That's for a cam that won't require a converter or sacrifice driveability by any means.
                      Last edited by TruestreetTim; 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Truth.

Speedtek also seems to have at least one Dodge in there all the time.

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
                        Right. Not at all close to a supercharger. We're talking roughly $3k (or less) installed with supporting mods, fluids, programmer (if you don't already have one) and tuned. That's for a cam that won't require a converter or sacrifice driveability by any means.

thats just nuts, i have nothing further to add

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          thats just nuts, i have nothing further to add
                          I'm in love with a truck/engine that if you have a problem with the bottom end (and that's not exactly a "rare" occurance... bone stock trucks can smoke the rings at 150k, etc.) you'd better have $10-12k set aside

a cam swap on a 6.4 Ford is basically $15k++ because it means you're building an engine! LOL
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

If my Vortech V1 will work for you I have a head unit I can sell you cheap. LMK?

Comment

I really like this Inertia SRT Max Plus cam.

This is a quick vid of my newly installed SRT MAX Plus cam from Inertia MotorsportsMods are:Kooks LT'sKooks O/R X SLP LM1 CatbackMopar CAI

The pricing on it is good, works with stock valve train too. I've been reading that I should replacing the timing chain and gears, as well I should have a catch can ( which I've ordered ).

SRT MAX Plus
                              $525 shipped to US48
                              218/226 Duration Camshaft
                              0.566/0.556
                              Custom Tuning Required
                              Stock pushrods fine on the 6.1 or you can upgrade to Forged Rods. See webstore.

Comment

Working...
                              X