No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was the cost of the paint job? is it just me, or does it not really look that bad?

Comment

• That's why I'll never change the color on a car.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• I am looking for a company that can clean and dye my interior parts. I also would like to discuss wrapping and stitching some pieces. This would be for all the parts on the interior. Thanks for any leads.

I am going to get the windshield removed so I can pull the head liner without bending it and a couple more boxes of dynamat. I already have 1-2 layers all in the car, but I found more places I could easily put it.

Anger is neither a positive or negative, its what we do with it that makes it as such.
        Last edited by abecx; 03-27-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• lesson not learned.

Comment

• I purchased a LED Blacklight and was able to locate the multiple spots of urine in the interior, after of course having to verify with my nose. Now that I have the root causes of the smells, I can address them intelligently. I am going to toss the carpet as its just not worth the time and effort. Luckily the carpet had some built in sound deadening foam so it absorbed it before it got to the dynamat. The seats are salvageable which is what worried me the most. The enzymatic cleaner has already annihilated most of the smell on them.

I found this guy that will change all the switches, lights, dash, and other incandescent bulbs in my car to whatever color LED wise i want. I am going to change the interior lights to Pontiac red like the trans am over the factory teal color. I've always liked that red. Here is an example:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I've started shopping around for an upholstery shop, since I have the interior taken apart, now is the best time to do it. I am think about going with alcantara on the dash with black and a dark red with white stitching. Here is an example of what I have in my head. Obviously I dont have a lambo, but I've always liked that dark red.

I got the black light for $13 on amazon, its so bright you dont even have to turn off the lights to use it.

Comment

• I'd have a hard time not burning that place to the ground.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• i'd be pissed.

get it?

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder if anyone is capable of doing the appropriate level work.

The dynamat installation was placed on top of cables, instead of moving cables out of the way and putting dynamat under them. Dynamat/Sound deadening capabilities are much less when its not touching the surface, any car audio installer should know that. It looks like the pee got under the dynamat. Not a big deal, I just have to remove the sections, clean under it and replace them, but Christ. Starting to wish I did more of the work myself.

Getting the windshield removed and going to go chat with an upholstery company soon. I found one close by called Wheelhouse Auto Design that my uncle has had work done at before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    i'd be pissed.

get it?
                    mmmhmm
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Got a heat gun and started pulling up some of the dynamat. I think the most sad thing thus far, the combination of humidity, heat gun, and cat piss, the smell in my car reminded me of lewis derrick.

Comment

• That paint job looks better than 95% of the color changes I've ever seen. I know it took a lot of time and money, but it is basically impossible to have a flawless paint job. It takes someone willing to pull out all the stops, and usually means dismantling the car completely. I think you have some legit gripes about some places that didn't get polished and several parts should be completely repainted.

The entire cat piss thing is beyond unacceptable and will be the basis of a lawsuit. Just document all the things you're having to do to fix it and call a lawyer when you're done so you can recoup some of the costs.

All I can really add is that a shop is trying to make money, not make your expectations a reality. If they see your car as a high profile rolling billboard for their work, they're more likely to do a kick ass job on it. Otherwise you're just some dude with cash to blow. Be glad it only took two months and they only painted over a few pieces of rubber. You got out easy.

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                        Starting to wish I did more of the work myself.
                        This is the only way you'll be satisfied with the result. Even if you didn't do the job perfectly, you also didn't pay some dog dick to do the same shitty job you could do yourself.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• It is really not a money thing, at worse I'm out $3000 for the paint job. I've since calmed down a lot and talked with the guy ( he is a family friend ), and we might be able to get squared away on the paint. I mean, my dad called him first to ask about getting a gas filter for his tiller so its not like he's some enemy. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed, just trying to focus forward on the resolution.

Heeding your advice, I started taking apart the interior to asses the damage, I took my black light found most of the urine spots. Unfortunately they dumped a ton of deodorizer in the car and it took a while to get all of that stuff out.

I've had to pull up a few pieces of dynamat ( which is a pain in the ass, but not time consuming ) and bought a few different enzymatic cleaners that seem to be working. Worse case, I'll just just sand down the spots, primer it and then seal them like they do with cat urine that gets into concrete.

For anyone ever having to clean up cat urine, you HAVE to use an enzymatic cleaner, otherwise whenever it gets wet, the bacteria will come alive, start eating the crystals from the urine, and create the smell all over again. The half life of cat urine is 6 years. Never ever use bleach or you could kill yourself.

This is the only way you'll be satisfied with the result. Even if you didn't do the job perfectly, you also didn't pay some dog dick to do the same shitty job you could do yourself.
                          lol is this your way of telling me I do a shitty job

Comment

• An hour or two every day this week cleaning up the area, researching, buying products, about 30 paper cuts on my fingers from pulling the dynamat, re-cleaning, airing out, re-cleaning, etc... I do believe I got it all down to a final spot. For the last 2 hours, I've had my nose to the floorboard sniffing every single area.

The last spot I could only smell if I put my nose directly on top of it. I took some goo-off to get rid of any residual adhesive in the area, iso-alcohol to dry the area out, some TSP to really break down the area, more iso-alcohol, and then SEM Solvent ( wax/degreaser ) which cleans ridiculously well I might add, it picked up so much dirt that I couldn't see. As a side note, I felt like Jesse when I went to home depot to pick up all these different solvents. Air dried the area and then put some more enzymatic cleaner in the area to soak until tomorrow. That should get rid of it. THANK GOD. If all goes well, I am going to roll up the windows, spray some water in the interior and put the car out in the sun and see what happens.

Thank you everyone for letting me ramble on about this crap and to Nick for making me feel like there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He probably doesnt believe me, but when I drove up to his place and saw his van with the logo, it was the first time I had calmed down enough to the point where I felt like this issue could be solved.

I've talked with the painter, I am going to let him finish the car with a strict deadline that if not adhered to will net in problems. As Nick said above, the paint job isn't too terrible, I would say at most 80% of its great, but the rest of it sucks ass. I'll give him the opportunity to finish it properly. I wont have the interior in the car as I am going to paint some pieces and wrap the dash.

Comment

• Nick posted?
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• You didn't get dibbs on one of the cat's 9 lives as part of the deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X