No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the new cam, timing chain, diablo sport tuner ( pretty neat! ), and the electric cutouts ( qtp ).

I'm getting 4 boxes of dynamat installed right now at Texas Audio, I would love to get the cam installed sooner than later. I'm going to message some companies and see how long it might take for them to work on my car. I need to get the front bumper cleaned up, the front spoiler lip is fucked up so I'm going to do that next before I get that bad ass @ Nicks Custom Detailing to clean up my paint and interior.

Comment

I'm not familiar with those cars at all, but I know on the new gen Rams, a stall converter is about the best bang for buck mod you can get. Might be worth looking in to. Fairly cheap to do, I would think.
      Last edited by bcoop; 05-05-2015, 10:47 AM.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
        LOL! You HAVE been gone a while!
        LOL I thought that was pretty funny too

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I'm not familiar with those cars at all, but I know on the new gen Rams a converter is about the best bang for buck mod you can get. Might be worth looking in to. Fairly cheap to do, I would think.
          What do you mean, Rams a converter?

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            What do you mean, Rams a converter?
            My apologies. Was typing too fast. On the new generation Rams, a stall converter is about the best bang for the buck mod you can get.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

oh a torque converter, I don't really give a shit about racing or speed, i just wanted the sound. I would love to put that 8 speed transmission in the car if I were to do that.

Comment

oh a torque converter, I don't really give a shit about racing or speed, i just wanted the sound. I would love to put that 8 speed transmission in the car if I were to do that.
                pull a plug wire, way cheaper than cam!

Comment

but then it would be slow like your fairmont

Comment

but then it would be slow like your fairmont
                    I don't really give a shit about racing or speed, i just wanted the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                      I need to at least be able to get up to highway speeds on an onramp.

Comment

Compression test done, going to get some Kooks ordered, 3" exhaust yo.

Scratch long tunes, talked me into gettting some heads.

Last edited by abecx; 05-13-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Maybe give John at Anything Automotive a call.
                          He can knock it ou

Comment

Parts should be here this week, I believe next week will be the build.

I ordered a bunch of shit. complete new CNC'd heads ( all new valve train ), port matched intake, new cam, water and oil pump, Kooks long tubes with Kooks cat intermediate pipe and Corsa Extreme exhaust.

I'm hoping for 430-440 rewhip.

Anyone know who does suspension work around town? I want to replace all my bushings with polyurethane.

Comment

Comment

All my parts have finally arrived. I'm stoked, now just have to schedule the install.

I started buying suspension parts, but next major modification will be replacing the stereo and then some minor paint/body work before moving on to updating the suspension and keeping it current.

Also, when the time comes to rebuild the bottom end, I'm going to go with a 426 setup. I'm very excited about doing that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X