Finished x99 5820k ddr4 guts swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished x99 5820k ddr4 guts swap!

The 5820k was very easy to get to 4.5Ghz. I only have an h100i so that's as comfortable as I feel like going.

It almost doubled my physics scores and also added 15% GPU score to my 980TI's despite running PCIE slots in x16/x8 instead of x16/x16 like with my old 4770k and PLX chip gigabyte board.

M.2 SSD slots seem to be the new thing on x99 boards. I haven't tried any of it out yet unless I can find a 500GB+.

Just barely dipped in top 100 in 3dmark extreme SLI.
    Intel Core i7-5820K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti x 2, 16384 MB, 64-bit Windows 8.1}

No bios flashing!

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 07-14-2015, 05:36 PM.
    sigpic
    Tags:

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    The 5820k was very easy to get to 4.5Ghz. I only have an h100i so that's as comfortable as I feel like going.

It almost doubled my physics scores and also added 15% GPU score to my 980TI's despite running PCIE slots in x16/x8 instead of x16/x16 like with my old 4770k and PLX chip gigabyte board.

M.2 SSD slots seem to be the new thing on x99 boards. I haven't tried any of it out yet unless I can find a 500GB+.

Just barely dipped in top 100 in 3dmark extreme SLI.

No bios flashing!

M.2 is THE SHIT! Microcenter has a 500GB one, if you're thinking about getting one locally as I was just in there the other day.

Your ram worked perfectly too, thanks again and nice rig!

Comment

Holy shit dude...

Comment

Yea I'm hoping the M2s will remove micro stutter. Probably not.. I'm learning how to use that cuda program with this and hopefully learn to put up some good 4k stuff.

It's going to look better with the work ruffdaddy is makning up for me! Some evga accent p!ates.

I'm going to try drone 4k footage. Gimbeled, should be nice. I've learned how to drive an advanced one pretty well.

I'm building the drone, its a 5 motor because the camera and battery are heavy. Controlled via tablet GPS and RC so its duo controlled.its gona take another 6 months.
        sigpic

Comment

1 year 5 different setups and the comparison =

chipset Z97
          x3 GTX 770s
          x2 780 TI
          x2 980
          x2 980 TI

chipset x99
          x2 980 TI

sigpic

Comment

What are you doing with your other cards?

Comment

Your mom

Comment

Magnus bought 1 and the other went to a random craigslist person. I have seen one as low as 360 but I doubt its still there. The others were sold or traded.
                Last edited by FunFordCobra; 07-05-2015, 09:40 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

This is what I settled on. I was going do the swiftech h220x opened up so I could save a few hundred but it just has too many problems when you open it up for a full loop.

I honestly wouldn't bother with w/c but these Maxwell cards really benefit from low temps and not voltage at all past 1.21v.

Fucking 780bucks.. I almost just bought one of those ACER 2560x1440p 144hz IPS GSYNC jobs instead but after researching it, most the games I play will only see 70-80FPS and I really do love my 3440x1440p even though its 60hz. I still get 85%-90% GPU usage at 60fps even with two 980 TIs lol.

Here's to hoping I don't do more damage than good. Looks simple enough. I once built a matchbox racer in boy scouts that won 5th. This should be easy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Damnit, so you won't be selling your monitor?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, do you still want it?
                      I'm just waiting on the release of the gsync version and really want to see if they are bumping the refresh rate to 100Hz. Even If it's 75 I'll likely get it anyway so if you can wait a few more months...If you really want it I'll hold it for you.

Let me tell you, I had the same monitor you are using.. Mine was a LG though but very little difference from yours. When I saw and played on this display I was amazed, its nothing like 2560x1080. I honestly prefer playing and doing work on the 21:9 3340x1440p than the 4k 90% of the time lol.

It will be harder to push though. 2560x1080p = roughly 2,750,000 pixels
                      3340x1440p = roughly 5,000,000 pixels

Your 980 can run both. I used to with it when SLI was broken for random games and was forced to use just 1 GPU. You just gotta dumb down settings to medium or high instead of everything on ultra. It still is night and day with such a resolution bump.

Also Its IPS which if you're coming from TN is also amazing.
                      Last edited by FunFordCobra; 07-30-2015, 02:12 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea, still pretty interested. I'm putting pennies aside for it for whenever you sell it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just bought the samsung m.2 drive, 512GB from amazon.

Why not go with dual TitanX? I really wanted to get the hybrid cooled versions but they are 1+ month out.
                          Last edited by abecx; 08-04-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Well I'm going titan x waterblocks! I'm too broke to do sli titans. Scrounging for the 980 tis was hard enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wasn't sure about those m.2 SSD's, so I just bought a standard one a couple days ago. Are they really that much better?

Comment

Working...
                              X