Finished x99 5820k ddr4 guts swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    Well I'm going titan x waterblocks! I'm too broke to do sli titans. Scrounging for the 980 tis was hard enough.
    I want to do waterblocks too, but man those contained hybrid units to me sound way cheaper and easier to install/maintain than doing another water cooling setup.

I thought you were a baller, dont act like you couldnt have gotten two titan x

I got one of them and 27" 1440 144hz monitor to replace me 28" 4k samsung monitor. If I cant push 144 frames, i'll probably buy a second Titan X.

Comment

Yes I was very very VERY close to picking up the acerxb270hu. It's the same as yours but ips. I decided to do this instead and wait for the 3440x1440 gsync because the new news is that it's 100hz.

No man I'm no baller lol. I drive a 97 truck live in a small apartment.. I just live under my means so I can afford stuff to buy which is cheaper than therapy lol.

Anyway no, I couldn't get two titans unless I started selling guns off and I promised myself I'm not doing that anymore lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
        I just bought the samsung m.2 drive, 512GB from amazon.

Why not go with dual TitanX? I really wanted to get the hybrid cooled versions but they are 1+ month out.
        Start checking EVGA website. They are coming in more often. I've seen them up for hours at a time when before it was minutes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
          I wasn't sure about those m.2 SSD's, so I just bought a standard one a couple days ago. Are they really that much better?
          Yea about x6 as fast. A standard user like myself can't really tell the difference.
          It will make game load times faster and data transfer faster as long as you don't have a data bottleneck.

Ex: like running data from a m.2 to a old standard HDD or slow SSD from a few years ago.
          sigpic

Comment

I bought the same CPU as you, 32GB mem, samsung m.2 drive, and superclocked titan x. When I get this thing up tonight we can compare results.

Comment

Sweet titans I like. I have a project of my own tonight as well.
              sigpic

Comment

and done.

sigpic

Comment

Thats some fancy shit mine looks basic bitch.

I got 2.2GBps on this SSD, this monitor is the best monitor I've ever owned, the refresh rate is insane.

Comment

I've researched them ALOT. I've personally never played or even seen one, but if its ANYTHING like my old 1080p 144hz I'm sure it blows your socks off with a titan. I've wanted one for quite awhile.

If the ACER 21:9 isn't 100Hz and is 75hz like people are sayin, I'm definitely getting a XB270HU.

Did you get the acer or asus?

I have no idea what my M.2 will do. It's been sitting here waiting for me to put OS on it. I was thinking WIN10 idk yet. Its a patriot so probably not as fast.
                    Last edited by FunFordCobra; 08-06-2015, 12:21 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

How did you rig up the water blocks on the 980ti? Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow. I bought a self contained 240L for the processor, but I have heard that the 980ti can get pretty hot. I went with the EVGA SC with the back plate. I could not find the hybrid in stock anywhere.

Comment

You can check for the hybrid kit for it. Only 100 bucks and keeps them under 50c. Harfd to find in stock though.

As far as blocks, those are titan x waterblocks. That's what they are using.

Set an aggressive fan profile, it will be loud but should stay in the 70s. A loop like this will keep you under 40 c heavily overclocked.
                        sigpic

Comment

Order fast in stock!
                          sigpic

Comment

tee hee

Comment

Who's fancy now huh??? Lol nice

Lemme see some numbers!

Here is YOUR goal!

Intel Core i7-5820K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti x 2, 16384 MB, 64-bit Windows 8.1}
                              Last edited by FunFordCobra; 08-07-2015, 03:33 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I put my machine together this evening. Everything went pretty smooth other than the fact that it is not sending a picture to the display . I also did not get the initial boot beeping. Sorry to hijack!

Comment

Working...
                                X