• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    Who's fancy now huh??? Lol nice

Lemme see some numbers!

Here is YOUR goal!

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5638585
    Technically I only have one of them. I bought one on Amazon that was open box, but it was someone that put a TITAN faceplate/fan on a GTX 770. Luckily amazon didnt even flinch and said I can return it, so instead of waiting until Saturday to get a replacement, I just went to Frys and bought a REAL one.

This is the monitor I bought: ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27" [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSOND8C[/ame]

I dont have the full/purchased version of 3D Mark, this is the Fire Strike demo without overclocking anything. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

Intel Core i7-5820K Processor, NVIDIA GTX TITAN X x 1, 32768 MB, 64-bit Windows 10}

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
      I put my machine together this evening. Everything went pretty smooth other than the fact that it is not sending a picture to the display . I also did not get the initial boot beeping. Sorry to hijack!
      I know my last 3 motherboards don't beep. Unless, you put the actual speaker in. It "should" boot up with just the normal windows drivers @480p'ish then you move on to download your nvidia or AMD drivers. Don't know hot to help, id start checking the PSU, then monitor, then on to the GPU, then motherboard, last CPU. You may need to shade tree pc mechanic and head to frys and start throwing parts at it until it works. Return policy is gold.

Originally posted by abecx View Post
      Technically I only have one of them. I bought one on Amazon that was open box, but it was someone that put a TITAN faceplate/fan on a GTX 770. Luckily amazon didnt even flinch and said I can return it, so instead of waiting until Saturday to get a replacement, I just went to Frys and bought a REAL one.

This is the monitor I bought: ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSOND8C

I dont have the full/purchased version of 3D Mark, this is the Fire Strike demo without overclocking anything. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8086416?
      Huehuehue what do they do to the person who fraduently returned a 150 card for a 1300 card? Lolol
      sigpic

Comment

Huehuehue what do they do to the person who fraduently returned a 150 card for a 1300 card? Lolol
        I don't believe they can do shit. Without human to human signature sign off and inspection in from of the customer, they have no grounds to do anything.

Someone basically got a free'ish titan.
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8086416?
          Really close you may beat me single card when you overclock.

sigpic

Comment

I dont think Amazon gives a shit, they are a volume retailer and dont really worry about that kind of thing. They probably have some type of customer fraud insurance for this sort of issue. In the end this came from one of their approved retailers, so they'll probably take the hit. I mean the card didnt even have that DO NOT REMOVE warranty sticker on it.

Comment

I know my last 3 motherboards don't beep. Unless, you put the actual speaker in. It "should" boot up with just the normal windows drivers @480p'ish then you move on to download your nvidia or AMD drivers. Don't know hot to help, id start checking the PSU, then monitor, then on to the GPU, then motherboard, last CPU. You may need to shade tree pc mechanic and head to frys and start throwing parts at it until it works. Return policy is gold.

EDIT (Ignore this Part).There is no OS on the system as it was a ground up build. Everything seems to work, I am just not getting the display to see anything.

Ok, I swapped monitors and it turned right on. Now I just need a windows 10 ISO if anyone has one or a link.
              Last edited by Venix; 08-07-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                There is no OS on the system as it was a ground up build. Everything seems to work, I am just not getting the display to see anything.
                Did you plug up the extra power cables to your video card? Do you have enough power to your video card?

Comment

I dont think Amazon gives a shit, they are a volume retailer and dont really worry about that kind of thing. They probably have some type of customer fraud insurance for this sort of issue. In the end this came from one of their approved retailers, so they'll probably take the hit. I mean the card didnt even have that DO NOT REMOVE warranty sticker on it.
                  Yea, I'm surprised they didn't have to tape the cooler on.. lol

Oh I don't think evga puts those stickers on. That's why I've been using them. They don't care what you do with your card as long as you don't do something horribly stupid.
                  sigpic

Comment

Final product. Added a 3rd 240 rad. I have a caselabs case coming in. I plan on doing acrylic bending, but this is going to be a 4-5 month process after I move to Colorado in Oct.

Ambient temp: 22c
                    Idle: 24c (1500 rpm fans)
                    Load: 38c (1500 rpm fans)

sigpic

Comment

I've been reading DDR4 really isn't necessary right now
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        I've been reading DDR4 really isn't necessary right now
                        That is an apt observation from a performance/costs perspective, especially for the regular consumer market. Its main benefits are similar at comparing bluray to HD-DVD and why bluray eventually won out. DDR4 can fit more data in a denser space, while requiring less power and has increased speed capabilities (nominal).

While this doesn't really net you much on the desktop platform ( yet ), for servers its a HUGE density increase and footprint decrease. The limit is 512GB per stick vs 128GB on DDR3, for virtualzed platforms, database servers, and a slew of other memory heavy applications its a massive increase. For instance, I require 20 virtual servers for my farm, not because I need the CPU power ( I have over 480 CPUs in them ), its because I require the memory ( ~2Tb ). If I could fit in more memory, I could cut my infrastructure in 1/4 and lower my power requirements substantially. This doesnt even begin to factor in the cost savings when I implement it in Database, warehousing and other platforms.

But yes, your research is correct, its not a leap in performance for desktop, but will be in a year or so when desktops can easily start having 64GB+ in them.

Comment

That is an apt observation from a performance/costs perspective, especially for the regular consumer market. Its main benefits are similar at comparing bluray to HD-DVD and why bluray eventually won out. DDR4 can fit more data in a denser space, while requiring less power and has increased speed capabilities (nominal).

While this doesn't really net you much on the desktop platform ( yet ), for servers its a HUGE density increase and footprint decrease. The limit is 512GB per stick vs 128GB on DDR3, for virtualzed platforms, database servers, and a slew of other memory heavy applications its a massive increase. For instance, I require 20 virtual servers for my farm, not because I need the CPU power ( I have over 480 CPUs in them ), its because I require the memory ( ~2Tb ). If I could fit in more memory, I could cut my infrastructure in 1/4 and lower my power requirements substantially. This doesnt even begin to factor in the cost savings when I implement it in Database, warehousing and other platforms.

But yes, your research is correct, its not a leap in performance for desktop, but will be in a year or so when desktops can easily start having 64GB+ in them.
                          Interesting. I didn't consider the server aspect.

Do you "farm" out your servers to a company for their use? That way they don't have to deal with any of it.
                          WH

Comment

Hell no, that managed hosting stuff is expensive. I save a ton of operations costs by doing it myself.

AWS costs for our platform is ~$15k a month, for me to run it is ~$1500. My self-employee cost is $15k a month but I dont just sit and watch servers, I also perform devOps, DBA, data warehousing, netezza and a ton more stuff which more than pays for itself. I'm a gold mine for any business that isnt a startup, or more specifically for any business that has leveled out on their top end and want to lower their operational costs. I also scale platforms properly, I dont throw hardware at issues, I help developers fix their code.

Comment

Hell no, that managed hosting stuff is expensive. I save a ton of operations costs by doing it myself.

AWS costs for our platform is ~$15k a month, for me to run it is ~$1500. My self-employee cost is $15k a month but I dont just sit and watch servers, I also perform devOps, DBA, data warehousing, netezza and a ton more stuff which more than pays for itself. I'm a gold mine for any business that isnt a startup, or more specifically for any business that has leveled out on their top end and want to lower their operational costs. I also scale platforms properly, I dont throw hardware at issues, I help developers fix their code.
                              which allots you that fuck you 300c money!

Comment

anyone need case fans?

All these are about 2 months old and I switched to radiator optimized fans.

These are 20 new ill take 10.

I have 10x 120s and x2 140s left

they are 1500 RPM and push 80CFM!!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/AeroCool-Cooling-DS-120mm-Blue/dp/B00JRTMA5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439920858&sr=8-2&keywords=aerocool+dead+silence+fan[/ame]
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X