ULTIMATE Gaming Monitor of 2015/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULTIMATE Gaming Monitor of 2015/2016

Acer X34 G-Sync 3340x1440p 21:9 100Hz overclock.

I've been waiting for this for about a year now. I wasn't going to purchase it because of the 1400 dolla price tag but I went ahead anyway, because you know.. I needed to sleep and knowing that they were out and I didn't have one prevented me from that..

Box is huge. My lil fed ex girl couldn't even carry it. (only 50 lbs...)

Magnus should I reserve this one for you when I'm done with it? lol
    sigpic
    Tags:

Well, I know where my money went now.

Edit: I also did Witcher 3 today maxed out. . . . . 30fps. Goddamnit.

Yea, you know the deal. PM me when you're ready.
    sigpic

Comment

Can I get added to that list?

Comment

Yeah lol. This purchase wouldn't have happened without ya!

Witcher 3 is super demanding. I'm only getting 60-75 with 2 980tis so that sounds actually good for 1 980 lol. 5 million pixels ain't easy to push. ^^
        sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic

Comment

Warz your other monitors? For sell I presume?

Comment

Magnus buys them.. lol!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                Warz your other monitors? For sell I presume?
                Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Magnus buys them.. lol!
                sigpic

Comment

Typically, I find things like this a waste of money (for me) and am more of a bang for the buck type person with technology/electronics. However, that is one sweet display.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Typically, I find things like this a waste of money (for me) and am more of a bang for the buck type person with technology/electronics. However, that is one sweet display.
                    same size but worse specs ultrasharp was 474 after gc from dell earlier this year.

Comment

well the thing I like most is that I didn't have to return it for any issues one time.

I bought an xb270HU 2560x1440 IPS 144hz, it had to go back 4 times.

LG34UM95P 3340x1440 IPS 60hz, had to go back 8 times.

These are 800-1k monitors and have very low QC. The acer was 1/1 and I don't have to return it. Enthusiast monitor sales have very low QC despite their premium price tags.

In fact many PC gamers get cut off from amazon and newegg because if this exact issue. Pay 1k for a 27 inch monitor you expect a VERY good monitor, but you get 3-4 with HORRIBLE back light bleed, or clusters of dead pixels and demand more for you money so you send it back as many times as it takes. Amazon takes a beating and they deactivate your account.
                      sigpic

Comment

Overclock? Ima skeered to do that. For some reason. Haven't researched it enough. I've been told my monitor will likely overclock to 100hz from 60, but I don't really wanna try it. Think I'm just gonna wait till its time to buy a new monitor, and buy one that already does 120 natively.
                        WH

Comment

Well it's pretty simple, you hit 2 buttons to overclock and there is no software or hacks needed. Its toggle is on the actual monitor. No pixel clock mods needed or custom refresh rates.

Even if you have a monitor where you have to actually modify pixel clock, it's still very easy to overclock your monitor via Nvidia control panel or CRU (custom resolution utility).

Also just because it overclocks doesn't mean it isn't dropping frames.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is 120 hz all that much better than 60? I mean when I look at 60, it seems real damn smooth.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Is 120 hz all that much better than 60? I mean when I look at 60, it seems real damn smooth.
                              It's about 2x as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X