No announcement yet.

ULTIMATE Gaming Monitor of 2015/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha-ha OK well..60hz to 100 hz is a huge difference. Huge. Not only for gaming but for desktop. 100hz to 144hz not so much. There are a few monitors that are 165hz (pg279q)and 200hz (benq 2560x1080)which are pointless. After 120hz there are huge diminishing returns.

To effectively produce noticeable refresh rates they have to damn near double the refresh rate every time.60 to 120 to 240 ect..144hz is cool but its niche'. The technology that allows bandwidth just isn't there for a few more years. I mean we aren't fully into HDMI 2.0 yet and 2.0 absolutely will never do over 60hz-70hz @2160pp until displayport 1.3 or higher comes out. Maybe HDMI 2.2 with more bandwidth?

I believe we are at the end life of HDMI and it will go the way of coaxial or s video lol..

OLED will be the next big thing as far as monitors go. They are said to hit 2017.
    Last edited by FunFordCobra; 10-16-2015, 02:34 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I should have taken that cable from you. Newegg decided to use usps, and I just got it.
      I've been using an hdmi though, no problems i could notice.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh cool. Make sure in settings display port 1.2 is on.It still should be I think..

It was weird only certain games would scene dim for me using HDMI. Skyrim, fallout 3, pretty much any port. DP didn't have any dimming with those games. I just figured it was a bandwidth thing.
        sigpic

Comment

all our monitors are exploding. well not mine but its having issues..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
            all our monitors are exploding. well not mine but its having issues..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0NeUNG42A
            so are you going to return it?

Comment

Maybe , were waiting for official words from acer.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah lol. This purchase wouldn't have happened without ya!

Witcher 3 is super demanding. I'm only getting 60-75 with 2 980tis so that sounds actually good for 1 980 lol. 5 million pixels ain't easy to push. ^^
                a lot easier than 8 million. Witcher is hard to run, for sure.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Maybe , were waiting for official words from acer.
                  Well, just in case, I've got a monitor for sale if you need it. $600.
                  sigpic

Comment

lol!
                    sigpic

Comment

So turns out Acer is in temple tx. They asked me to come talk to their engineers about this. Also they can't reproduce it while 90% of others can. They want to examine my "unit" and some help with trouble shooting. Using my pc... My pc weighs just about 100 lbs. I will get to hand pick a flawless one though. Like YouTube review perfect.. No backlight bleed anything.

My tech experience: I built one computer. Lol..
                      sigpic

Comment

So they're letting you come to them? I have an Acer 4k screen, and I've heard nightmares, but there's no other gsync screen so that's all I could get. Let me know how it goes.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

What do u mean nightmares ? I thought yours was a good one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah mines good, but I've heard nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Is 120 hz all that much better than 60? I mean when I look at 60, it seems real damn smooth.
                              I wont go back to 60hz again after using a computer with 144hz. Its drastically better on my eyes. Gaming its hard to tell a difference unless there is a lot of movement ( WoW for example was obvious, diablo not as much, battlefront for sure was obvious compared to my 4k monitoring ).

I just figured it was a bandwidth thing.
                              Bandwidth is more of a minor issue, the bigger problem is frame rate buffering. A video card stores frames in its buffer as a place holder while its sending them to the monitor in x amount of times per second ( 60 or 144 for 60hz or 144hz ). When you increase the amount of frames per second from 60 to 144, it has to store more images in the same amount of time on its built in memory, which as you can imagine is really taxing on the hardware that is already using most of its memory to begin with. Maybe when we start seeing cards with 128GB will that change, which will probably start happening in the next couple of years.
                              Last edited by abecx; 10-22-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Yea that makes sense. My games run much, MUCH better when I overclock the memory. As far as stuttering and crashing..

I can raise my clocks from 1300mhz to 1550mhz and only get 5 frames average increase. When I boost the memory +500Mhz over the stock clocks I get 10fps more avg and zero crashing.

As far as acer goes, I was told to come down yesterday so I woke up early ready to go and had a message from the same CS rep saying that his boss said "Acer is not equipped to have customers inside" . so w/e..

Likely a liability thing or maybe they are making spaceships idk.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X