Internet in HEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet in HEB

Just moved to Bedford and looking to get the "best" internet available. Does anyone know a web site you can plug in your details and see who offers what, as opposed to going to every carriers websites? I've found a few but they seem scammy.

Find Internet Service in Your Area and Compare Internet Providers by Zip Code

Comment

You generally only have two options in DFW, cable or the telco. Verizon offers FIOS in a few areas but I don't think they made it to Bedford. One day maybe we'll get google fiber in the area but until then don't expect anything better from current providers thanks to franchise agreements.

Comment

Uggghhhh.

How to tell if you've moved just a little too far out in the sticks? When this is your "best" (and only) option. Luckily, my Verizon MiFi gets a decent signal most days, and nets us a generous 8-10 Mb download speed. Usually.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
          Uggghhhh.

How to tell if you've moved just a little too far out in the sticks? When this is your "best" (and only) option. Luckily, my Verizon MiFi gets a decent signal most days, and nets us a generous 8-10 Mb download speed. Usually.
          You can probably get satellite internet as well but $$$$$$

Comment

If cable/fiber internet are there, I won't be there either.
            Fuck that.
            sigpic

Comment

The ex wife has FiOS in Bedford, and she's off of 121 and Cheek-Sparger. FiOS will always be my first choice until Google Fiber makes it up here. I just upgraded to the 75/75 service, and love it. Was 25/25 previously. IIRC, it's only $5 more per month.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                The ex wife has FiOS in Bedford, and she's off of 121 and Cheek-Sparger. FiOS will always be my first choice until Google Fiber makes it up here. I just upgraded to the 75/75 service, and love it. Was 25/25 previously. IIRC, it's only $5 more per month.
                I'll give them a call. I'm right off 121 and harwood.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                  Uggghhhh.

LOL, I know that feeling all too well... we went from mainlining Comcast @ 100+mbps for 5yrs to tethering to our phones on Verizon 3G for four years

Literally just had Uverse installed at the new place (only high speed avail at this address) and we're pulling 22mbps over wifi on an 18mbps service... if it'll hang in at that speed, we might just have something! LOL
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Google Fiber, eh? How about AT&T Gigapower?

Comment

Show off.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                        Google Fiber, eh? How about AT&T Gigapower?

I'm not sure why the comparison is being made. Google Fiber isn't available here yet, but they are $40/mo less than AT&T on internet only. I've heard enough horror stories about U Verse and AT&T to keep me away for life. Doesn't AT&T cap your usage, too?
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          You can probably get satellite internet as well but $$$$$$
                          For anything half way decent, it's well over $100/month. And that's capped at 20 or so Gb /month. Hughes has been a rip off since day one. But it's nice being on some land again, and not being in Keller (fuck that 820 traffic!), so it's worth it. Plus, since I have a shit connection, I no longer have to "work" from home (read - no more weekends on call).

Comment

I'm at 360 & 183 and they do not offer fios here. So I went with TWC although I didn't really want to. I got their 300mb package and cable TV for the wifey and so far have been happy with it. I use my own modems and router to keep the monthly costs down. I pay $119 after taxes and fees.

Comment

That link gives me all kinds of options, but when I call the places they tell me they don't service my area. So far only AT&T does and it's a shitty 20down 1 up for fucking $60 a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X