Debating doing a mini rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating doing a mini rebuild...

My computer is starting to go a little nutso. lots of freezing and random strong lag issues. While just doing format and reinstalling fresh would likely fix all the issues I think I am going to use this as an excuse to replace some parts.

I have always gone with an AMD and NVidia build but debating going Intel this time. My current video card is a GTX770 ti which is still decent but may go ahead and replace it.

Is Intel still 30% more cost for 10% better performance type deal? Which processor is a good choice with $300-400 being the budget on a processor. which MB to go with it.

And If I do decide to go with a new GC, any reason to choose AMD Radeon over NVidia? and which card? I usually buy 1 or 2 steps down from the higher end cards.. I think Nvidia has the GTX990 now so my budget would probably be around a 970 maybe 980 range.

Intel are leaps ahead in just power efficiency alone, then there's the performance thing. Worth the extra 80 bucks imo.
    sigpic

Comment

intel/nvidia all day long
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I've been using Intel since I've been able to afford it. All my Intel systems run smoother than my AMD systems. The performance is part of it. You cant really go wrong with an Intel I5 or I7 and any asus motherboard.

Comment

evga if you want good no questions asked CS. I stay away from asus mostly but I may have bad luck with them. 2 RMAs denied on new products and shipped back in worse condition than sent. (rolling resistors and capacitors..)
          sigpic

Comment

EVGA for sure has the best RMA policies.

Comment

Working...
            X