X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback of 1080p on 60+FPS

Hey all,

Little help/explanation??
    I just got a GoPRO Hero4 Black edition. I changed settings to 1080p 90/fps and 120/fps, but when I transfer them to my pc and play them, it skips. I set it to 60fps, and it worked. So my question is, will anything I have that plays 1080p have issues with anything that is above 60fps? I thought as long as it's not 4k, that my pc could play them. Which brings me to another ?, would my TV be able to play them?

I'm probably sure that if I upgrade my vid card on my pc, it will fix it issue. But what about my TV?

What player are you using to play back the video? Playing a high framerate video of uncompressed data can really strain a computer, try uploading it to youtube. As well, your computer monitor needs to be able to do more than 60FPS or you may get some stuttering unless you are doing some sort of vertical syncing. You would likely need to upgrade your monitor not your video card.

Your TV most likely does not output more than 60FPS. I wouldn't worry about such a highframe rate unless you have the devices that can output that medium.

Albeit, I am a firm believer in if you have the space and you can record at 120FPS, then I would record everything in 120FPS and convert it in post production for posterity when you are able to output that format.

If you can send me the video I can check it out for you on my 144fps monitor.

Comment

I used the gopro app you can download, called GoPro Studio and also used VLC(latest update), and both of them kept skipping. I just got this couple days ago and just messing with settings right now. I deleted vids I had that were recorded in 90fps and changed to 60fps. Like you mentioned, I might go ahead and record in 120(save these), and then convert them to play on TV, PC, etc.

Know of any good converters by any chance?

Also, monitor I have is a Asus PB278

Thanks man

Comment

Plex is easy mode for that stuff.

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Working...
          X