Property Tax dispute¿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Correct. My land in Keller doesn't have a house on it (well, it does, but it's an old one I was going to tear down but that Flip and Move show is taking it), so I don't have a homestead exemption on it, so no cap. My saving grace is I just bought the land a few months ago so they are going to take my closing statement for the value. At least that's what they said....
    They will...3 years ago when I bought mine (foreclosed)...we did and it dropped the property value in 1/2. I just stopped into the TAD office and they did it without a question.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      When did you buy? If it was in the last year, use your settlement statement to show actual value. That is how I got a large adjustment last year.

This is no lie! My boss' mortgage payment went up $1800 a month to cover a screw up in the escrow amount that was figured when they bought their home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
      Yeah they only base it on the lot sometimes no house. So when your appraisal gets done everything jumps. Kinda tricky if you ask me but be prepared and be adamant about making sure the payments are setup correctly from the start to cover taxes insurance. Mine just jumped 600 a month.

Comment

Mine went up the full 10%, I offered it should've went up 5%, and have a hearing scheduled. No offer, no settlement, we're getting screwed yet another year.....

Comment

Born free taxed to death

Comment

Thankfully, here in CA taxes only increase when a property changes hands.

Comment

I am in the process of fighting mine this year. House needs some improvements. Couple of questions for those that fought it or had someone do it for them:

1. How did you go about getting a list of comps in your area?
              2. Do pictures really help to show wear and tear and things that need upgraded?
              3. Do you need estimates on work needed like estimates to install new AC unit, rebuild deck, repair foundation issues, replace factory grade windows, etc. ?

Any additional ammunition to take to the TAD would be appreciated.

Chris

Comment

1. Ask a realtor. Google Changler Crouch. Hes a neighbor here in Keller and he setup a website to do free comps so people can fight taxes.
                2. Yes. These pictures will devalue your house.
                3. It usually helps to show how much to devalue your house.

The people at TAD are actually pretty nice. The people arent out to get you. Its their blasphemous software that is

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  1. Ask a realtor. Google Changler Crouch. Hes a neighbor here in Keller and he setup a website to do free comps so people can fight taxes.

The people at TAD are actually pretty nice. The people arent out to get you. Its their blasphemous software that is
                  Estimate help. Mine only got 3k off. They will try to settle first

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    At least we don't have a state income tax. But they sure do try to make it up with sales tax and property tax, plus franchise tax if you're a business owner.

We should kill the public school system and put a permanent end to all these stupid taxes. Make 'em all private schools, that just have to meet certain basic standards. I have a cousin who is a teacher at a public school in amarillo. He claims that the Texas government seems very anti-public school right now, and very pro private school. He said they have a hard time getting any funding for any new, up to date textbooks. And that the school district often has other priorities than actually making sure that the kids are getting a good education.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      We should kill the public school system and put a permanent end to all these stupid taxes. Make 'em all private schools, that just have to meet certain basic standards. I have a cousin who is a teacher at a public school in amarillo. He claims that the Texas government seems very anti-public school right now, and very pro private school. He said they have a hard time getting any funding for any new, up to date textbooks. And that the school district often has other priorities than actually making sure that the kids are getting a good education.
                      Highland Park and University Park tried to do the private school only thing some years back and were shot down by the courts.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        How much do textbooks need to change? This one has always pissed me off. Even in college, they always use the newest edition. Nothing has really changed in the book but a new one is $150 and the used one is $50

Comment

Taxes

Mixed emotions on complaining about paying for schools since I no longer have a kid in school. On the other hand, I don't want a bunch of stupid kids running around on the streets with no education or social skills. Future residents of jail or prison! That costs tax dollars too. I still hate paying for something I don't use.

I love the pay to use systems. Like toll roads. If I elect to use them I should pay. If I don't want to pay, I don't use them. Same goes for parks. I use my city park and contribute via my water bill to pay for upkeep.

Comment

Why is a person's property tax set by the value ? A person in a $50,000 house gets nothing less from the city, county, and state than the person who lives in a $ 500,000 house. They drive on the same streets, they drink from the same water system, and they get the same protection from the police and fire department. And, the real KICKER is that both only get one vote at the ballot box. I vote for a flat tax on any property in the taxing district. You might be surprised how low it might be if EVERYONE, churches and schools and government property paid. Just because you saved and built a nice home should you have to pay more with the same benefits.

Comment

Chandler Crouch

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              1. Ask a realtor. Google Chandler Crouch. Hes a neighbor here in Keller and he setup a website to do free comps so people can fight taxes.

Google Chandler Crouch Is great! This guy really knows his stuff. Was super nice of him to give me a call today after I sent him an email on my situation yesterday. I'll post more later. Highly recommended for all of your realtor needs.

Comment

Hunt County basically told me to pound sand this year. They didn't even make an offer through the web portal, they just scheduled a dispute hearing. When I called, they said they don't take fence or grading into consideration when figuring property value.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X