Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aaand the whole MN Shooting narrative starts to unravel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shit, why not try to make it as painless and stress free for everyone. The guy is just doing his job, be a good person and make their day a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Who doesn't always have their wallet in hand already before the cop gets to your window? You know you just got stopped, you know you need to show that shit.
      I don't do it because the cop can see you reaching for your wallet, either in your glovebox, or under your seat or in the console, etc.. it's going to put him on higher alert. IMO it's best to be still where he can see both hands all the time and then tell him where everything is when he asks for it, before reaching for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        I don't do it because the cop can see you reaching for your wallet, either in your glovebox, or under your seat or in the console, etc.. it's going to put him on higher alert. IMO it's best to be still where he can see both hands all the time and then tell him where everything is when he asks for it, before reaching for it.
        You keep your wallet under the seat and your insurance card in the glove box?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

wallet is in my back pocket. ins. is in console.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            Who doesn't always have their wallet in hand already before the cop gets to your window? You know you just got stopped, you know you need to show that shit.
            I'm going to address both of these, when I get into my car, I go out prepared like I'm going to get pulled over. I place my wallet in my door pocket, it has my DL, IC, etc. If I get pulled over, I don't reach for anything unless I'm instructed to do so. When I get to where I'm going I put my wallet in my back pocket but when I return I usually stow it back in my door pocket, but I have forgotten and when I do get pulled over I still don't reach for it or go digging around looking for anything, no need to stress the officer or give him reason to think I'm hiding something or reaching for a weapon.

My pistol is near me where I can get to it in case I need to shoot a bad guy in the face. I have found that keeping it my center console works best, since having a seat belt on and it being uncomfortable with it on my person sucks sometimes.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've never had everything out or prepared. I've always just told them where shit was and it was all good. Guess it helps to be a small town white boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I'm going to address both of these, when I get into my car, I go out prepared like I'm going to get pulled over. I place my wallet in my door pocket, it has my DL, IC, etc. If I get pulled over, I don't reach for anything unless I'm instructed to do so. When I get to where I'm going I put my wallet in my back pocket but when I return I usually stow it back in my door pocket, but I have forgotten and when I do get pulled over I still don't reach for it or go digging around looking for anything, no need to stress the officer or give him reason to think I'm hiding something or reaching for a weapon.

My pistol is near me where I can get to it in case I need to shoot a bad guy in the face. I have found that keeping it my center console works best, since having a seat belt on and it being uncomfortable with it on my person sucks sometimes.
                I keep my pistol directly under my steering wheel. I used to keep it in the console, but I had a ninja sneak up on me in a gas station parking lot and realized that if he was actually trying to do me harm there was no way I could have gotten it out of my console in time.

**EDIT** the set up I use is perfect for a 2011-2014 mustang FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I keep my pistol directly under my steering wheel. I used to keep it in the console, but I had a ninja sneak up on me in a gas station parking lot and realized that if he was actually trying to do me harm there was no way I could have gotten it out of my console in time.
                  Let's say there's two ninjas. One sneaks up behind you, gets your attention and the other gets between you and the car... then what, champ? You going to have a beer with them? lulzzz

Comment

Let's say there's two ninjas. One sneaks up behind you, gets your attention and the other gets between you and the car... then what, champ? You going to have a beer with them? lulzzz
                    I guess I'm proper fucked.

Comment

This. Don't reach for shit until asked.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I guess I'm proper fucked.
                        I tell everyone, if a muthufucker gets the draw on me, then I deserved it for not being on point.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          I tell everyone, if a muthufucker gets the draw on me, then I deserved it for not being on point.
                          I have too much anxiety to be on point that much.

Comment

I've gotten " Don't reach for yours and I wont reach for mine". Although I take a lot more precautions than most when I get pulled over.
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                              keeping your wallet in a pocket with your gun is pretty careless.
                              No it's not. Use your head.

If your gun and your wallet are in the same pocket you keep your hands visible, you tell the officer that there's a gun in the same pocket as a pistol, and you let HIM reach for the wallet, not you.

Why the fuck is some common god damn decency and common sense so rare these days?

There are two things you should do EVERY time you meet someone:
                              1. Make them feel comfortable
                              2. Make them feel dignified

Remember those two things. For the next two weeks make a point to make everyone you cross paths with feel comfortable and dignified. I'll guarantee your worldview will change.

Comment

You are on a roll tonight; this site needs a like button

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                No it's not. Use your head.

If your gun and your wallet are in the same pocket you keep your hands visible, you tell the officer that there's a gun in the same pocket as a pistol, and you let HIM reach for the wallet, not you.

Why the fuck is some common god damn decency and common sense so rare these days?

There are two things you should do EVERY time you meet someone:
                                1. Make them feel comfortable
                                2. Make them feel dignified

Remember those two things. For the next two weeks make a point to make everyone you cross paths with feel comfortable and dignified. I'll guarantee your worldview will change.

Comment

Working...
                                X