No announcement yet.

Best small gun for CCW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I alternate depending on mood and circumstances. Normal everyday carry is a XDS .45 3.3". It replaced a Shield .40 and I am more accurate and consistent with the 45 than I was with 40. Sometimes I want something a little lighter if I know I'm going to be carrying at work out in the field (doing a lot of walking) but still want adequate power...for that I have a double stack Kel-Tec P11 9mm. When I'm walking the dogs in light summer clothing or riding my mountain bike I've found myself happy with a Kel-Tec P3at .380acp. If Governor Rick Perry was satisfied with his LCP 380 when he SUPPOSEDLY (cough, cough...yeah right) shot a coyote when he was walking his dog...then I suppose its good enough for me to stop one (I see them everyday up by my house).

Comment

I have a Glock 43, very easy to carry

Comment

I carry an XDs .45 with the 7-rd mag IWB and a S&W M&P 640 .357 for pocket carry when I wear shorts.

For me a gun has to be slim and fairly light to want to carry it all the time.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

My Lcp is easy to carry..
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

ive got the little "knife clip" on my lcp. i literally always carry it and an extra mag. cannot even tell its there.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              This. I have one and my Dad just bought one last week under the rebate.
              I picked one up last weekend.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                ive got the little "knife clip" on my lcp. i literally always carry it and an extra mag. cannot even tell its there.

god bless.
                Technaclip? How you like it? I'd like one for my daily cc

Comment

M&P Shield is TOUGH to beat considering the rebates right now. Wife carries a 9mm and I carry the .40. They also offer them with safeties if you feel you need one. Ergo is good and don't have to worry if you are getting the "pre-problem" XDS or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                    I ordered one of those on your recommendation years ago and am super happy with it too.

Anyone have the LCP II?
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                      Technaclip? How you like it? I'd like one for my daily cc
                      not sure if that's the brand or not, but i googled it and it looks just the same. I bought this clip years ago, and it was actually for a kel-tec p3at, but its that same damn gun.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      I ordered one of those on your recommendation years ago and am super happy with it too.

Anyone have the LCP II?
                      ive still got the little wallet holster you gave for it too, although i have grown to prefer the clip carry method.

also, OP buy the glock 27 or 22 i have for sale in the classifieds.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Another noob question:

Any of yall ever run a compensated barrel on any of these small guns?
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Another noob question:

Any of yall ever run a compensated barrel on any of these small guns?
                          With what goal in mind?
                          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            With what goal in mind?
                            Blinding oneself at night to level the playing field for the baddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Blinding oneself at night to level the playing field for the baddies.
                              lol.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X