Speaker gang plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker gang plug?

Vehicle is a 1997 chevrolet blazer, s-10 not full sized.
    From the time I picked up this cheap vehicle to drive to work, the radio only played through the dash tweeters.
    From what I can tell, everything seems to be connected, but I cannot locate the chassis plug to the door speakers. The tweeters are wired in before this plug.
    On later models, it is p900. I cannot find the plug number for a 97.
    I'm hoping someone with access to the info I need can tell me where it's located to make sure it's connected.
    If not, I'll just run new wire. I just feel like it's something simple to fix this issue.

Call EW, but I just looked and he's closed today.

Comment

It takes the standard Scosche GM harness and an Antenna adapter. Most likely the radio is fried. As stated ht up EW tomorrow and he will hook ya up.

Comment

I need to hit him up too, the radio in the explorer doesnt have a screen anymore.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          It takes the standard Scosche GM harness and an Antenna adapter. Most likely the radio is fried. As stated ht up EW tomorrow and he will hook ya up.
          I was hoping for a fried head unit.
          Got a cheap one with Bluetooth and installed it earlier. Same thing.
          Did the adapter deal too.

I go back to work tonight, so I'll just run new speaker wire so I don't have to wear headphones during my drive anymore.

Comment

Well, scratch that. Just ran wire to one of the speakers. Nothing.
            Looks like new door speakers are next.

Comment

Doh! Well next up is a full system that costs more than the truck and some 24s!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Doh! Well next up is a full system that costs more than the truck and some 24s!
                Lol!
                4 reasonable 6.5" speakers will be the route I go.
                I've got a 10" with a matched box and amp that needs to be used too.

Comment

Go for it! I revamped the Radio in my Explorer and was very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X