X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Good luck man
    Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Lawyer? What has she done that constitutes a crime?
    Crime? I never said she did. But because of this "obvious" mistake we opted to get a injunction and let a judge deside. It's honestly a very blunt obvious mistake and she has taken full advantage of the situation. Maybe I have more of a conscience because I would have returned it no question about it. Disappointed, sure. But I would still do what is right. Call it 10 fold or carma, taking advantage of a obvious mistake will bite you in the ass later.
    She paid the asking price for an item. I'm not sure how you have a case. Maybe explain the situation and compromise on a price to buy it back from her. Sorry.
    It was quoted on the wrong piece. Honest mistake.
    Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Your original post and latest post seem contradictory. Did your employee sell her the wrong buffet, or did she buy one but intentionally pick up the other?
    Employee misunderstood and made the sell
    Second question, why on earth would you store a $8k - $9k buffet on a sales floor around other stuff for sale? Hell, just to mitigate grubby hands and accidental damage it seems like a bad place for 'storage'.
    We have tons of great stuff. Some of which are displays. I mean everything is for sale but this piece was going to go to a house we own in west Texas.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Gotta side with the meth head trailer trash on this one.
    And it might go that way in court. But honestly there is a right and wrong by conscience. The right thing to do is to return the item now knowing that it was a honest mistake. Antiques are our business. We know the difference in a 400 and a 8k sideboard buffet. I have the whole transaction on video and they knew what was going on. They were trying to get that piece gone before anyone knew what was going on. Hell, they didn't even strap it down. Threw it in the back of a truck and three vehicles scattered the hell gone. We notified them within hours of the mistake and I'm sorry, but a honest person would realize what happened and returned the buffet. We offered a full return plus another very nice buffet in its place.
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Seems like deja vu, but every time you post you seem to be in some fucked up situation.
      It may seem. I know that there are good folks here that will reach out to help. And I'm thankful
      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        Based on her having a buyer for 12k already...she knew what she was doings...GL
        Absolutly. Video surveillance showed her and another guy that came in a few hours before. They looked at it and came back later with two trucks and her personal vehicle which was out of video view. I honestly feel like they knew exactly what they were doing.
        Photobucket

Comment

i would imagine you fucked.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            i would imagine you fucked.

god bless.
            Yeah, folks just don't have much of a conscience anymore. You can believe in 10 fold or carma. Either way taking advantage of a obvious mistake like this will someday bite you in the ass.
            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Seems like deja vu, but every time you post you seem to be in some fucked up situation.
              Haha, no shit! He never comes in to start a thread on how we are, how he is doing, where to find a great deal on some hard to find car parts, always fucking drama with ole' Wayne....
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Haha, no shit! He never comes in to start a thread on how we are, how he is doing, where to find a great deal on some hard to find car parts, always fucking drama with ole' Wayne....
                Your right, my bad.
                So how's it going Henry! Long time no see! I don't have any car parts to sell you, but you can come by our store and I'll buy you lunch. We have 10k sq ft of Antiques and more with a great home cooking tea room. Thursday's are always best cause it's chicken fried steak, mash taters and green beans. Alway a great selection of deserts as well. Everything Texas magazine wrote a artical on our store rating us # 6 Antique store in the state of Texas. We also have had Texas Flip and Move do 3 shoots at our store. One just shot two weeks ago.
                Meme and Pawpa's Antiques
                15306 Hwy 114
                Justin Tx 76247
                817-636-2043
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  Trust me. You just learned a hard lesson unless you can prove that she knowingly walked out with the wrong one.

Rebecca Jean Gann
                  11/28/1975
                  1220 Alliance Blvd
                  Rhome,TX 76078-4841
                  Btw, if you ever get this way I'll buy you lunch as well. Thank you sir
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                    Your right, my bad.
                    So how's it going Henry! Long time no see! I don't have any car parts to sell you, but you can come by our store and I'll buy you lunch. We have 10k sq ft of Antiques and more with a great home cooking tea room. Thursday's are always best cause it's chicken fried steak, mash taters and green beans. Alway a great selection of deserts as well. Everything Texas magazine wrote a artical on our store rating us # 6 Antique store in the state of Texas. We also have had Texas Flip and Move do 3 shoots at our store. One just shot two weeks ago.
                    Meme and Pawpa's Antiques
                    15306 Hwy 114
                    Justin Tx 76247
                    817-636-2043
                    https://m.facebook.com/MemeAndPawpas/
                    Solid post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yeah, folks just don't have much of a conscience anymore. You can believe in 10 fold or carma. Either way taking advantage of a obvious mistake like this will someday bite you in the ass.
                      Look man, I'm the guy that corrects cashiers when things ring up too cheap and always at least tries to do the "right thing" and it often costs me or I otherwise get screwed over a little. I just want to sleep well at night.

However, if she legitimately bought that - she has every right in my book to not return it. In fact, if I was her I'd be thinking you're trying to be the shady one.

I'm not clear on exactly what happened, but if I find a good resale deal - MAYBE I pay asking price, maybe I give a bump on top - but ultimately I'm not giving it back for what I paid without a profit on it. That's how things go.

Now, if she did pay for item A and then stole item B - I feel for you.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Look man, I'm the guy that corrects cashiers when things ring up too cheap and always at least tries to do the "right thing" and it often costs me or I otherwise get screwed over a little. I just want to sleep well at night.

However, if she legitimately bought that - she has every right in my book to not return it. In fact, if I was her I'd be thinking you're trying to be the shady one.

I'm not clear on exactly what happened, but if I find a good resale deal - MAYBE I pay asking price, maybe I give a bump on top - but ultimately I'm not giving it back for what I paid without a profit on it. That's how things go.

Now, if she did pay for item A and then stole item B - I feel for you.
                        I do understand. We tried to convey to the girl who purchased it and that it was a honest mistake. We offered the full return and another buffet in its place. By law, we might not have a prayer. But any good person should see the mistake and would not try to benefit or capitalize on it. If it were I that bought it under these conditions and was called just hours after the sale, I would return it. Tho I might be disappointed, I would do the right thing.
                        Not only, but there is a sentimental value to this piece that carries no value in money.
                        Photobucket

Comment

How much did you originally pay for it and what did you think it was worth at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            How much did you originally pay for it and what did you think it was worth at the time?
                            It was a gift. It's valued about 8k
                            It's a late 1800's buffet
                            Photobucket

Comment

Your attorney couldn't find her address??

Comment

It was a gift. It's valued about 8k
                                It's a late 1800's buffet
                                I want to go to an Indian buffet now. Get some of that tikka masala. Mmmm mmm bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X