No announcement yet.

Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why fire the employee? Unless the employee was fully aware the piece that was sold, was a "display only"? The employee called the owner and confirmed the sales price and that it was okay to sell for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      I'm sure he could. Wanted to have it ready for him.
      Why not let an attorney handle this?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        People sometimes want to talk about things to assuage their grief.

My step mother (whom I hardly know despite my dad being married to her for the past 28 years) had an antique store in Corsicana TX some years back and she would still be crying if she had mistakenly lost a piece like this one.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Time
          Photobucket

Comment

I've been watching Antiques Roadshow for ~20 years, so I am kind of a big deal and have at least 2 decades of expertise under my belt.

That said, if it's brown it's down in the antique business. That buffett is probably only worth about $1k now, so you really didn't lose that month.

Doesn't that make you feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              I've been watching Antiques Roadshow for ~20 years, so I am kind of a big deal and have at least 2 decades of expertise under my belt.

That said, if it's brown it's down in the antique business. That buffett is probably only worth about $1k now, so you really didn't lose that month.

Doesn't that make you feel better?
              Lol. You know, most buffets are 1k or less. Then there are some that are in the 2 to 3k range. But then you get into some that are closer to 10k. Not all of it is simply Antique. Hell, go to a fine furniture store and see what a custom piece would cost you new without history. This custom Antique piece is over 120 years old and in near perfect condition. Not only is it old and full of history, it's also a rare piece. The very reason the girl was hoping our employee could inlighten her a bit.
              Photobucket

Comment

Lol. You know, most buffets are 1k or less. Then there are some that are in the 2 to 3k range. But then you get into some that are closer to 10k. Not all of it is simply Antique. Hell, go to a fine furniture store and see what a custom piece would cost you new without history. This custom Antique piece is over 120 years old and in near perfect condition. Not only is it old and full of history, it's also a rare piece. The very reason the girl was hoping our employee could inlighten her a bit.
                Haha, you know I'm just messing with you man..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Haha, you know I'm just messing with you man..
                  I know. That's why I LOL'Ed
                  Antique Road Show...��
                  How the hell you been?
                  Photobucket

Comment

Well if all else fails, you can find where it is located and steal it back.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I keep all my buffets at Chinese restaurants, been no problem ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Well if all else fails, you can find where it is located and steal it back.
                        We made a drive by to make sure we had the right address. And it was by the trucks that were on camera. I'll keep it legal, but damn it pisses me off at the lack or morals or heart of some folks. She knows it was a honest mistake on our part and she's taking full advantage. Just wrong in my book.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          Why fire the employee?
                          If you didn't know you were being scammed you're too fucking dumb to keep this job, if you did know you were in on it either way your out - Ace Rothstein

Comment

That buffet is nothing more than firewood.

Comment

We made a drive by to make sure we had the right address. And it was by the trucks that were on camera.
                              Surely you know that's a bad idea.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                                If you didn't know you were being scammed you're too fucking dumb to keep this job, if you did know you were in on it either way your out - Ace Rothstein

Stores like Antique malls are a little different. We have some who are payed and some who work for their booth and others volunteer. She has been a volunteer for 2 years almost daily. Plus she gets free booth space. Mistakes are made and yes, she should have known better. We just want to reclaim the piece
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X