• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be called a sexi cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      After insurance, taxes, depreciation, car maintenance and wear/tear on your car. It makes no sense.
      For a while Uber had a deal for drivers that if you did 65 rides/week they would cover the cost of a rental car. I learned that in Denver last year when my driver was actually rolling around in a rental.
      They changed the rules on that though. Now they have agreements in place with car rental companies. Example: Hertz has an agreement with Uber. For $180/wk you can rent a car with no mileage limit, 24/7 roadside service, etc.

EDIT: I googled to confirm that my driver in Denver wasn't bullshitting me (he wasn't), but then I came across an uber driver forum. This is from March, around the time when the agreement changed LOL
      I just calculated. If you rent and decide to work like other human beings 5 days a week, you need 19 rides a DAY to qualify for $55 equinox plus $40 rental tax. Plus my app says they add $9.99 for repairs . So I would need 19 rides a day to qualify for $105 a week payment.

For all the talk about immigration, I dont think even illegals work 7 days a week like we do.
      We are below illegals .
      I am returning my vehicle before 03/06 and will take a week off working on my business. I am glad my wife has I normal job

Comment

my buddy took a uber in Atlanta, GA. and he was picked up in a 70's Cadillac hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          my buddy took a uber in Atlanta, GA. and he was picked up in a 70's Cadillac hahahaha
          Was it a nice one?
          WH

Comment

Try Amazon flex so you don't have to deal with idiots, i do it in an old ass Sentra that gets 35mpg when I'm not doing other shit and definitely ain't depreciating down to lower than $650 haha..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

From what i know, Uber went from a great way for drivers to make some money a few years ago to a complete fucking nightmare with the way the company is run now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Was it a nice one?
                he said it was alright

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  You'd be crazy to be a female and do that gig. That's asking for a rape.
                  No one wants to rape 98% of the female uber drivers I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    From what i know, Uber went from a great way for drivers to make some money a few years ago to a complete fucking nightmare with the way the company is run now.
                    Yep the driver pay and surge bonus doesn't cover the operational costs in the DFW. Especially if the ride takes the driver a large distance away from another fare.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      He was dressed like 1950, half drunk and hollow eyed.

Comment

We had a female Uber driver from the airport to home last night and chatted about it some with her. She was saying that although the summer has been a bit slow, it's not uncommon for her to gross $1k plus a week, though she admitted she drove a lot. She said Lyft pays way better but not nearly as many rides.

Obviously we didn't get into net $ after gas and whatnot, but she said she rented for a while, and even did ok with that. She has been doing it a little over a year. Said initially she started just to fill the gap between jobs but it's been consistent enough, and she likes the flexibility, so she has kept doing it. She said it's about learning the 'game'.

Of course, her threshold of 'worth it' may be very different than some of ours!

ETA: We also asked her about feeling unsafe, and she says she hasn't yet. She said she has had some crappy passengers, but that's about all. She did say it can get pretty interesting, especially evenings (drunks), but that overall she really liked it.

Comment

I wonder if a lot of Uber drivers try to spread a negative image so that the markets don't get flooded with drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            He was dressed like 1950, half drunk and hollow eyed.
                            are you serious?

Comment

Uber works differently in other markets. In San Diego they don't allow you to use any kind of a truck. That and they have a couple of inspection stations that have to regularly sign off on your car before you can drive. In New Orleans I've had a truck almost every ride and like here they care more about the age while in San Diego they could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                I wonder if a lot of Uber drivers try to spread a negative image so that the markets don't get flooded with drivers.
                                it already is flooded that why the surge opportunities are down

Comment

Working...
                                X