Shout out to a good parts counter: Benbrook Autozone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout out to a good parts counter: Benbrook Autozone

You always hear horror stories so I thought I would post up an "atta boy" for the rare good parts guy.

I have wrapped up the Explorer rear end swap on the '66 which involved new brake and driveline parts for:
    66 Mustang
    75 Granada (front brakes)
    75 Maverick (master cyl)
    2000 Explorer

Most parts guys would go cross-eyed having to deal with the computer that's optimized for looking up replacement gas caps for Camry's, and these guys were patient and very cool.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Andrew and David at this store. Tell them Blake with the FrankenStang sent you.

Good to hear! I remember trying to buy a u-joint for my Camaro there after a 9" swap. Ray was the manager at the time and he helped me compare pretty much everything he had on the shelf and of course nothing fit but he at least tried. Funny thing though, I walked into FW Gear and Axle and they knew the part number I needed off the top of their head.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Good to hear! I remember trying to buy a u-joint for my Camaro there after a 9" swap. Ray was the manager at the time and he helped me compare pretty much everything he had on the shelf and of course nothing fit but he at least tried. Funny thing though, I walked into FW Gear and Axle and they knew the part number I needed off the top of their head.
      That makes sense. Fort Worth Gear and Axle shortened the driveshaft for me last week. Happy with that work so far.

Comment

Kaufman autozone has some really good people, a few legit racers and mechanics. If you go to Balch Springs and ask for Roy, he will do you right.

Comment

It really helps when they hire "car guys"

A local board member here has been pretty helpful to me at vato zone as well
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Iv had good luck with those guys. Although my favorite is Don and Mary over at Oriellys. Super cool people and they both know their shit. They just hired a friend mine named Justin thats also pretty good.

Comment

Also consider my buddy Tony Tout at the Autozone on Hwy 80 in Ft Worth. Very knowledgeable and building a wicked 67 Firebird to boot.

Comment

Talisman would approve of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  What kinda work he doing now days?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    False, not enough jumping on hoods for his approval.
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Working...
                    X