DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Television, Movies, and Music Forum

Television, Movies, and Music Forum Want to talk about a show or movie you watched last night or a song or band you heard on the radio? Post it here!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #3401
ceyko
Lifer

Crap - maybe I have not seen as many episodes as I needed to - did not know Carl has been smoked.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #3402
Broncojohnny
Lifer

I think there is a pretty good chance that Carl doesn't die. The show itself though, is fucking dying. So in my opinion they need some sort of schtick to fire it up again and this is a great chance to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #3403
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
I think there is a pretty good chance that Carl doesn't die. The show itself though, is fucking dying. So in my opinion they need some sort of schtick to fire it up again and this is a great chance to do that.
They gave Chandler Riggs his walking papers 2 weeks before he turned 18*, he's already cut his hair and they've already filmed his final scenes.

While the bite scene wasn't on screen (that I know of) I think they revealed it in the mid season finale so I don't think they've got a way to walk it back.

* = they intintionally fired him before he was 18 so that they would not have to pay him as an adult. He would have been a big hit to their pocket books as the SAG agreements would have put him as a starring role.

On a side note Chandler is talking about going to college. I imagine he will have a lot of fun

https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #3404
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
They gave Chandler Riggs his walking papers 2 weeks before he turned 18*, he's already cut his hair and they've already filmed his final scenes.

While the bite scene wasn't on screen (that I know of) I think they revealed it in the mid season finale so I don't think they've got a way to walk it back.

* = they intintionally fired him before he was 18 so that they would not have to pay him as an adult. He would have been a big hit to their pocket books as the SAG agreements would have put him as a starring role.

On a side note Chandler is talking about going to college. I imagine he will have a lot of fun

^^^interesting take on this. I thought (or maybe read somewhere) that he was leaving because he was going to school.

Not a single post about last nights episode?

It was ok. I just happened to be home and not doing anything so I watched it. Can't think of anything spectacular about it though.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #3405
helosailor
Blow me down

Yeah, it was pretty "meh". I'm surprised they didn't drag out what happened for 6 episodes.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #3406
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Downloading now. Should catch up on it tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #3407
LANTIRN
Lifer

Quote:

I assumed he was going to college soon, did not know they basically fired him to not give him a raise. Carl's death surprised me just because I assumed him and Rick were 100% safe since the show and comics are about them. Ok episode, good change to the story. Chandler is going to get more pussy thrown at him than he will know what to do with in college. Hope he enjoys it.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #3408
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

I teared up like a bitch..

Maggie’s character may be dying too.. she’s been trying to negotiate a bigger salary and they aren’t really budging.. she’s signed with another show recently
Old 02-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #3409
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANTIRN View Post
I assumed he was going to college soon, did not know they basically fired him to not give him a raise. Carl's death surprised me just because I assumed him and Rick were 100% safe since the show and comics are about them. Ok episode, good change to the story. Chandler is going to get more pussy thrown at him than he will know what to do with in college. Hope he enjoys it.
Oh I wasn't saying they solely fired him because of turning 18. But I'm sure that it was an influencer. His lawyers would have been able to argue for a very large salary since he was a pivotal character for 8 seasons.

Damn right he's going to get some tail. He's already booking shows in Vegas as a DJ (under the name Equinox).

I think the death was a needy grab for ratings. I'll probably watch to the end of the season. But the fact that the zombies have become secondary thoughts on the show is probably an indicator of why the ratings keep dropping
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:29 AM   #3410
LANTIRN
Lifer

Quote:
Oh I wasn't saying they solely fired him because of turning 18. But I'm sure that it was an influencer. His lawyers would have been able to argue for a very large salary since he was a pivotal character for 8 seasons.

Damn right he's going to get some tail. He's already booking shows in Vegas as a DJ (under the name Equinox).

I think the death was a needy grab for ratings. I'll probably watch to the end of the season. But the fact that the zombies have become secondary thoughts on the show is probably an indicator of why the ratings keep dropping
Even in the comics the zombies have been secondary characters. They are really a tool to put people in this really shitty situation, destroy society, and look at how people react. It was never really about the zombies, but the zombies make it fun.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #3411
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

Zombie guts!!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #3412
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

Well the second half of season 8 has been way better than season 7 and the first part of 8..
Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #3413
Nash B.
Lifer

And Rick fucks up yet another perfectly good chance to kill Negan.
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #3414
GeorgeG.
Lifer

^^^ so did the junk yard lady last week. Even Negan's right hand man couldn't whip a gun out and just blast his ass. Season finally next week so we'll see what happens.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #3415
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

I thought last nights episode was pretty good.. this season has been much better than 7
Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #3416
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Well, not the outcome I expected.

***SPOILER ALERT***

So Rick thinks he can turn Negan into a nice, contributing member of society. On the other hand, looks like the next "villain" will be Maggie and Darryl?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #3417
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
Well, not the outcome I expected.

***SPOILER ALERT***

So Rick thinks he can turn Negan into a nice, contributing member of society. On the other hand, looks like the next "villain" will be Maggie and Darryl?
I don’t think he wants to change Negan

I think he wants to show him that people working together can achieve more instead of his bully system.. and prison him forever

Daryl and Maggie will be a fun story to watch unfold

Tags
boom headshot!, david loves to hate, lori dies, magnus thinks they r real, magnus watches with kids, magnus=the walking douche, nay wants a hot carl, no twd dissent, poopnut on a high horse, rick dies, ssjunk sounds like lori, steve armbar carl, steve armbar zombies, svo #1 zombie killer, zombietwat