Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Well, everybody's been wondering how MS will make money giving Win 10 away for free. Looks like they'll nickel and dime you on codecs, apps, etc.
    VLC works like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
      I like nvidia paired with Intel. Nvidia drivers are getting bad. I frequent their forums and its a shit show now. Nvidia is still the winner but they have their finger in soo many pies that drivers for multiple OS with their constant flurry of card releases have really gone to shit.

AMD cpus are generations behind Intel.

AMD gpus are just under par. They are cheaper though and usually only perform 5-10% less than nvidia if you do your homework.

Compare the R9 furyX to a 980ti example or r380x vs gtx 980. Just about the same.

Good thing about AMD is that they only make gpus and cpus and not like nvidia trying to make spaceships and self driving cars while GPU owners get neglected.

No clear winner at this point for me besides always have an Intel for a CPU.
      I think some of the NVidia issues are related to them putting a lot of their resources into their GRID GPUs for engineers and designers. I've done a lot of graphics virtualization over the last year and I'm in regular contact with some of the higher ups over there. Sales of their K1 and K2 GRID cards has been unexpectedly good so they are pushing the development of the next gen grid cards.

Comment

I installed Win10 on the release day. No issues thus far. It's better than Windows 8 but it's not anything that is going to blow you away. I bought my niece a Macbook Air and was loading software on it a couple days ago. I found myself wanting to jump back to a Mac. I guess that'll happen after I changed jobs.

Comment

Upgraded my gaming rig from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I had already installed the latest nvidia drivers pre upgrade but still had to reinstall after Win 10 install. Also had to update HP printer software. Then of course went to turn off all the new spying features in privacy settings but otherwise running nice and seems a bit faster. I did a forced upgrade and if it helps heres some of my hardware

AMD 8350
          Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
          Asus GTX 970

Going to wait on additional upgrades on other family members systems till I see how mine does.
          2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
          1990 GT Convertible

Comment

On the list to upgrade my wife's desktop. Windows 8 is a huge pain in the ass and it might be responsible for the computer randomly restarting itself; had random issues since we bought it and it has been hard to narrow down the cause since it is so random. I have found alot of info about 8 doing that to some computers, unfortunately I may have narrowed it down to an overheating issue instead. Of course she wants to bitch about the restarts, but refuses to call the manufacturer to get it troubleshot further. I have messed with it about as much as I care to at this point. I dount 10 will fix the problems, and she will just bitch to me about something she bought instead of trying to return it or call the manufacturer.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I have full fledged flagship machines for both, my Intel nVidia systems are always faster than my AMD AMD systems, by a very noticeable mark in smoothness. However, spending an extra $1000 to get that might not be worth it to most.

Comment

Nvidia hotfix driver in win 10 accessing the vram, sli, and other issues.
                Tell me how it works you WX homos!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X