Green pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Add muriatic acid to get that ph back down. The amount will depend on how large the pool is. You can buy it at Home Depot.
    Once you get a sanitizer into the water the PH will come down without you having to add acid.

Originally posted by Denny
    Like what?
    Hardness and total alkalinity.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    What I've always been told as well, need to get the ph balanced first. You can always take a water sample to Leslies and let them run a full test on it and tell you what you need.
    Once your hardness is in the 200ppm-250ppm range you need to adjust your total alkalinity before you need to worry about the PH. Getting the total alkalinity into the correct range normally fixes the PH without having to do anything.

Originally posted by mustngacman View Post
    Thanks guys. Will get some muriatic acid and try that. Have already dumped 5 # of shock and it shows no chlorine. It is a pretty old pool and it has a big filter you pull out to clean. Have cleaned it about 4 times now.
    If it is pea soup green you need to use about 5 times the amount of calhypo that you said that you used.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    one step, then vacuum

http://www.yellowout.com/
    Yellowout leaves a heavy residue of nitrates in your pool that will cause algae issues in the future.

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
    Granulated chlorine vs shock to get that free chlorine up.
    There is no such thing as "Shock"; the term shock is just slang for super chlorination. There are 3 readily available powdered chlorine products that are sold as shock. The first and cheapest is calcium hypochlorite that is sold by Leslies as "Power powder". The second and most expensive is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione-dihydrate that Leslies sells under the name "Chlor Brite". The last is trichchloro-s-triazinetrione that Leslies sells as "Genesis Shock"; it has the highest chlorine content of the 3 and it is basically ground up chlorine tablets. It is also very damaging to your pool and I never use it.

FYI: algeacides in general do not kill algae. They work by inhibiting the algaes ability to stick to anything and that prevents it from growing. Copper algeacides are the exception to that and they actually kill the algae. Do not use copper algeacide in a white plaster pool unless the plaster is already shot; it causes very bad staining.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-03-2015, 08:30 AM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Now svo855 is some kind of swimming pool expert?? This shit is getting unreal

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        Now svo855 is some kind of swimming pool expert?? This shit is getting unreal
        I am very much a swimming pool expert. It has been my chosen profession for about 14 years now although I still do a little man whoring on the side.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          I am very much a swimming pool expert. It has been my chosen profession for about 14 years now although I still do a little man whoring on the side.
          Bill, is it? Hi Billy, my name is Nick, nice to meet you. I'm actually one of your biggest fans. I'd like to get into the man whore business, maybe you can hook me up with some clientele. I'll take any of your brush offs, you know like old wrinkley lonely rich women. lemme hold a titty?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            Has anyone ever paid for their pool service in poon?
            Not quid pro quo but yes; I accept trade outs from certain clients; strippers mostly.

The man whoring comment was a joke. I wish I could get paid for that but so far I have not been able to figure out how to ask for a check after I fucking lay some meat pipe on a bitch.

Comment

Usually when i,want to super shock my pool i put a tablet on the ledge infront of the skimmer basket.

Comment

damn yall make my head hurt

The mis-information in here is just unbelievable

But there are a few in here that actually know what they're doing

Comment

^^^^ The free chlorine comment and the confusion about what that actually is cracked me the fuck up.

Comment

Our main goal is to provide easy-to-understand help to pool owners and to give them the tools to care their pools easily and stress-free.

Discover the calculator behind the perfect pool, PoolMath. Dealing with pools has allowed TFP to become the original authors of the best calculator on the net.

Comment

Hows the water cleanup coming?

Comment

Still a little cloudy. Had the water tested yesterday at Leslies and all looks good except free chlorine is low. Still shocking and adding clairifier. Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

what kind of filter is on it? If its a POS cartridge good luck. If its a DE filter you need to take it apart clean it and inspect every grid for tears and holes. Otherwise the de blows right out the pool wall fittings and back into the pool. Its all about the filter if its shit your pissing in the wind. You can buy clarifier and all kinds of crap at the store but what really cleans it up is a good filter and chlorine. add 1lb of cal hypo per 10k with 1 3"tab per 10K of water. hth is garbage buy a good chlorine and get a good filter on it.
                          Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 08-15-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                            what kind of filter is on it? If its a POS cartridge good luck. If its a DE filter you need to take it apart clean it and inspect every grid for tears and holes. Otherwise the de blows right out the pool wall fittings and back into the pool. Its all about the filter if its shit your pissing in the wind. You can buy clarifier and all kinds of crap at the store but what really cleans it up is a good filter and chlorine. add 1lb of cal hypo per 10k with 1 3"tab per 10K of water. hth is garbage buy a good chlorine and get a good filter on it.

This may be the best piece of advice I've read in this thread.

Thats really all it takes, chlorine and filtration...its really not that complicated but of course the internets, googles and Leslies tend to make you believe otherwise.

Comment

I buy hth. Sucka.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                                Back in the day some chemist came up with a way to make calcium hypochlorite a few percentage points stronger; the trade name for their product is HTH which stands for "High test hypochlorite" and it is not garbage by any means. You are dead on with the rest of what you said.
                                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-15-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X