X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Sold the raw land.
    Up for sale will be:
    1- 2200 sq ft. on 10 acres, 30x40 shop, pool, 2 barns..
    2- 1300 sq ft. brick house on 5 acres, 1 barn
    Haven't really set any prices yet.. Raw land went for 15k an acre
    Ahhh....looking for more land and don't need all that in the way of residence and barn.

Also looking for closer to 5K an acre if buying close.

Comment

I'd hate to be buying right now. Houses by me are going for 110k over what they were 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
        I'd hate to be buying right now. Houses by me are going for 110k over what they were 5 years ago.
        Yep, I paid 115 for mine. Put a make me move price and some pictures on Zillow for 260 or 280 and had people wearing me the fuck out. I think they were doing drive byes also.I pulled the add and pictures and Zillow put the add back up but no pictures. I can't get them to delete it. I still get random offers with out he pics. Being on an acre, close to the city but surrounded by 10 acres properties, on a dead end road helps. Oh and Vought keeps bringing stuff into Red Oak. If I nailed down the real estate fees to say 2 percent on my end I would clear some decent coin.I mean since they wont have to do anything. Problem is finding anything close to the metro for under 300k I like. Hopefully when the market takes a dive next time it won't affect me much and I can sell and buy out somewhere south. My wife is the problem since she works in Mesquite and has a job offer at the freaking airport she is looking at.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Yep, I paid 115 for mine. Put a make me move price and some pictures on Zillow for 260 or 280 and had people were wearing me the fuck out. I think they were doing drive byes also.I pulled the add and pictures and Zillow put the add back up but no pictures. I can't get them to delete it. I still get random offers with out he pics. If I nailed down the real estate fees to say 2 percent on my end I would clear some decent coin.I mean since they wont have to do anything. Problem is finding anything close to the metro for under 300k I like. Hopefully when the market takes a dive next time it won't affect me much and I can sell and buy out somewhere south. My wife is the problem since she works in Mesquite and has a job offer at the freaking airport she is looking at.
          Creekview realty is an excellent flat rate listing service.

You Only pay like 1200+the buyers agents 3%.

Then if you use them to buy and do all the legwork...you get 2% back from the purchase commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Creekview realty is an excellent flat rate listing service.

You Only pay like 1200+the buyers agents 3%.

Then if you use them to buy and do all the legwork...you get 2% back from the purchase commission.
            Interesting. I should sell, clear 140k, and then buy property and roll a RV on it until the housing prices drop. Would be a gamble though.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I’ll have 13 acres in Blue ridge for sale soon. We were going to build but decided to look for more acreage a little further out.
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

We listed our house last Thursday night. We had 6 offers by that Sunday night, all over asking price and 3 of them were cash.

Frisco, TX 75035

From what I've seen, anything under $300k is going much faster than anything over.

Easy game if you are a seller

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  We listed our house last Thursday night. We had 6 offers by that Sunday night, all over asking price and 3 of them were cash.

Frisco, TX 75035

From what I've seen, anything under $300k is going much faster than anything over.

Easy game if you are a seller
                  No doubt sub 300K moves...where you moving to now?

Comment

Further north, to Gainesville as a temp solution while my wife gets her clothing brand off the ground. We will be looking for an acre or two in the mean time, I want to build a modest home with a little bit of space and get a bit more mobile to travel.

Comment

Further north, to Gainesville as a temp solution while my wife gets her clothing brand off the ground. We will be looking for an acre or two in the mean time, I want to build a modest home with a little bit of space and get a bit more mobile to travel.
                      Swing by some time.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        Swing by some time.
                        I'll try and do that. I need to swing by Sanger sometime to take a look at some containers.

Comment

Depends on location. I looked at a new build neighborhood with a long waiting list. Being in Dallas and not in the burbs property is still super hot. A house 1 block from mine sold in 24hrs. Never hit common listings. Our realtor told us. We bought 5 years ago and should walk away with over 100k which will all go on new house sadly but wife and kiddos are excited about new house.

Comment

Yeah, the increased equity is nice to see. If you're intending to stay in the same area though, it simply gets put back into the increased value of whatever you are buying.

Values have been skyrocketing here in CA again, but when we were looking at moving into a bigger house here in Sac, that equity got swallowed up in a hurry, and that was just looking at the same older homes with an extra bedroom.

To really cash out you've got to move out of the city, or to city with lower COL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Ahhh....looking for more land and don't need all that in the way of residence and barn.

Also looking for closer to 5K an acre if buying close.
                              Good luck on the 5k an acre part. I honestly don't know where there is land that cheap unless you cross the river to Oklahoma. Hell even as far out as Greenville and bonham is selling in the 10k range.. We bought and built a couple years ago, finally closed last April and our 2.33 acres appraised for 92k, just the land itself.. We paid about 1/3 of that though..

Comment

I work at the dodge dealer in Gainesville, one of the guys there has been looking for something similar, said he cannot find anything. Everything is 10+ acres and over 100k.. Good luck though and swing by the shop if you need anything done!

Comment

Working...
                                X