Ford Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
    I believe the engines are the 2010 and up 3.5 Duratec. They possibly were in earlier years.

My 2011 Taurus which I have taken very good care of blew its water pump at 88K. I got lucky in that I had just entered my work parking lot when the fans went 100% and I shut it down fast. Repair bill was $900.

I’m selling it this spring and Ford is forever losing me as a customer, what a terrible and unsafe design.

Toyota Camry, please take me back.
    This right here.
    I may (thin may) buy another Ford some day, but if I do it will be a V8 with extended factory warranty.
    This crap about a water pump that cannot give you fair warning, and tamales out the engine when it does shit itself is crap.

Comment

Comment

Well that sucks. Is this the same motor that has the turbos?
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Well that sucks. Is this the same motor that has the turbos?
          Every Ford V6 -including the compacted graphite 2.7 twin turbo- has the same design. The F150 shared the 3.5 until the 2.7 showed up.

One of these days there will be some sort of class action, or government investigation or something along those lines because there are thousands of people in this country that are not in a financial position to buy cars/trucks that have a warranty.
          This means there will be thousands of Ford owners out there that will buy a used Ford or Lincoln (as is, no warranty)with this time bomb, and when it craters, no engine, no money, stuck like Chuck with a piece of crap that the entire engine must be replaced.
          Ford designed an engine that WILL be ruined when the water pump fails.
          The only way to avoid this is to replace the water pump before failure, at (I believe) a 14 hour labor cost...plus parts.

My LKQ 14K replacement just cost me $5K, and that was with the owner of the shop being a close friend of a close friend and cutting me a break.

Comment

Man thats crazy. That makes me question my next purchase...i wanted an expedition or f150 but that means I have to pony up the cash to avoid this engine platform. I have a few questions:

- what engines are safe from this?
            - at what mileage do you consider the life of the car to be acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              - what engines are safe from this?
              Chevy engines.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Chevy engines.

/thread
                Hah! Nice try...those dinosaurs don't even have semi autonomous features yet. I guess that can change depending on how much longer my water pump holds out.

Comment

Working...
                X