No announcement yet.

Water damaged XD Compact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could have debris in the barrel or slide causing it not to lock up completely.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Shoulda had a Glock?
      Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Everyone know's Glock steel don't rust.
      Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Church...

Glock
      FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        i will be home next week if you want me to look at it. Looks like i will have some time on my hands.
        wth?
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Xd has a deal right now that gives 3 extra mags and an extra mag holster. Buy new and stop wasting time. You can give me the gun as payment for letting you know about the good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Xd has a deal right now that gives 3 extra mags and an extra mag holster. Buy new and stop wasting time. You can give me the gun as payment for letting you know about the good deal!

there's some really good deals on xd's right now. Hell, thats any gun, everything is cheap

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              Back off... It's mine, all mine.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                I hate the magazine release, it's one of my pet peeves about that gun. I was kind of hoping that if I were to refurb the gun that I could get a new one lol so that kind of sucks
                I'd recommend the Powder River Precision extended mag button.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  How does the slide not locking back prevent you from shooting it?
                  Because I cannot put the slide back on lol. I had to take the slide off to clean it and now it will not go back on. It slides back about half way and binds on something.

I managed to get it back on this morning, going to shoot soon. I think the culprit may be the dove tail, it's pretty rusty inside, and believe it's not seating all the way preventing the slide from going on

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                    Because I cannot put the slide back on lol. I had to take the slide off to clean it and now it will not go back on. It slides back about half way and binds on something.

I managed to get it back on this morning, going to shoot soon. I think the culprit may be the dove tail, it's pretty rusty inside, and believe it's not seating all the way preventing the slide from going on

spray it with this, you can get it at most auto parts stores

Deep Creep is a premium-grade penetrating oil & spray lubricant that creeps deeper, works harder & lasts longer. Frees rusted bolts, screws and more. Spray Deep Creep on metals to lubricate & protect them.

Comment

Take it down to just parts. Clean and lube it really good. Shoot it. The gun will still be fine. Don't sell it. It will make for a great xd guns are tuff story
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        spray it with this, you can get it at most auto parts stores

http://seafoamsales.com/deep-creep/
                        That or this.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I love XD pistols. I also want to slowly get into gunsmithing over the next 4 or 5 years as a hobby / side job when I retire. If you want to give her to me. I promise to restore her to perfect operational capacity and return her just for the experience. I'd take lots of photos for my portfolio and of course take it to the range to ensure it is safe and operating properly before returning. If you wanted to install some powder river parts along the way, I can do that too.

Comment

Maybe you can be the resident smith for the members here.
                            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                              Maybe you can be the resident smith for the members here.
                              Maybe but honestly it's going to take 4 or 5 years to get where I'm good. I wish I had more time but I'm only going to be able to take 1 or 2 of the NRA courses per year at Murray St. in OK. I'd love to go all out and spend 2 or 3 years at one of the good programs out there. Heck I'd love to get 6 courses a summer at Murray, but I can't since I have to work.

I've been a mechanic all my life, and I have basic machinist skills thanks to the Navy. I have some cool things I made while in the service. My first year out I built a few parts to keep the cheese plant running too (yale may be able to vouch for that). I need to get better at welding. I'm probably going to take local welding classes and machining with my son next summer in the evening. We have a few contacts at DCC.

I'm going to slowly amass the tools I need and this will be a side job and something to do when I retire. It'll also be a great profession to have if the SHTF.

To me it's sad that it takes gunsmiths 2 or 3 weeks to get a few hour job done these days, but it's a very small profession.

Honestly, CJ is probably the closest we have to a board smith now. He's pretty good with adjustments, and has a great grasp of the basics. A lot of guys have done bang up jobs on stock refinishing.

I'm going to collect me some pretty beat up guns if I can and tackle the refinishing and reblueing processes next. I'm going to specialize in guns and rifles that I like, but want to be able to get most anything running again. The funnest thing I read was the PA based school makes you repair 30 different broken guns before you can graduate.

This gun is a good candidate for a work over. I'm pretty certain most all of the parts can be restored and put back in working order. It will have corrosion issues and may have some fitment problems caused by corrosion, but I don't think it's anything beyond my mechanical skills. I've been working on cars, nuclear submarines, and whatnot most of my life. I've accumulated a nice assortment of brass tools building ARs, working on my own firearms etc.

After a lot of research I am all too familiar with the difference between series 70 and 80 1911s, and how their safeties function. I'm also familiar with the Kimber firing pin safety which is a totally different design. Let's just say after all my research I'm starting to think the best, simplest and most true to the original design 1911s for the money are Springfields and the Phillipine copies. Crazy huh? The stuff built recently all has a lot more parts to add a firing pin safety that isn't really needed except by specification of some LEO agencies. I will be obtaining 2 or 3 new 1911s in the near future and most will be of the older "series 70" design with no firing pin safety. "Series 70" and "Series 80" should always appear in parentheses too unless referring to an actual Colt. There are a lot of minor differences in how the manufacturers have addressed this issue. Kimber went a totally different route and has the firing pin safety activated by the grip safety. Most others have the firing pin safety as part of the trigger group, which is the main gripe against the "series 80" design. It makes trigger jobs problematic instead of simple.

So I'm going to need projects to build a portfolio. It's going to take a long time.

Comment

So I got it shooting this weekend, still can't figure out why it's catching like that but it's doing it less. I suspect something in the dovetail mechanism is rusted and not seated correctly. Need to take apart the lower to get to it.

On another note it's shooting like shit lol. Either the barrell and/ or sights are jacked or I was shooting like an asshole. I was shooting at a plinking target so can't say what exactly the spread was; need to take it to a range here soon and see what exactly it's doing. The barrell is pretty roughed up and pitted and I probably need new sights. Other than that the pistol blew through 100 rds of Winchester with no issues

Comment

Working...
                                X