Windham ARs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    CJ, just let it be. I'll explain some other time... I promise.

I'm not worried about value down the road or anything else. Just wanted to know if they made a quality product.

I trust y'all's opinion. That's why I asked.

I'm a glock owner...so what do I know
    It will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      CJ, just let it be. I'll explain some other time... I promise.

I'm not worried about value down the road or anything else. Just wanted to know if they made a quality product.

I trust y'all's opinion. That's why I asked.

I'm a glock owner...so what do I know

Fucking glock owner

For what you will be doing its a good choice and at that price shit once you get hooked start looking at something higher end if you choose to. (Although I would just start building after you got the hang of it) .

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean, you understand that a lot of shit is unnecessary but you don't care? To summarize what I'm saying is just about all ar15's are the same for 99% of peoples uses. I wouldn't get caught up in who makes anything. There's only a handful of real separate components out there.
        Perfectly said.

Buddy bought a Noveske for his SBR build. Paid a shit ton for it. He got his trust waited his 9 months , stamp------ went to build his weapon, oooops the front take down pin holes were at a different angle making the lower worthless.
        Just an example of even higher end overpaid components can have defects.

Just a few on this board are above amateur status with regard to guns/components. To be clear, I am not one of them. The more I learn, the more I find out that I do not know shit about guns compared to some.
        Last edited by likeitfast55; 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          Perfectly said.

Buddy bought a Noveske for his SBR build. Paid a shit ton for it. He got his trust waited his 9 months , stamp------ went to build his weapon, oooops the front take down pin holes were at a different angle making the lower worthless.
          Just an example of even higher end overpaid components can have defects.
          I had a similar issue with the LMT upper I bought for my SBR build. Nothing a bit of filing couldn't handle.

Comment

He sent it back to Noveske. They sent him another, same sr#. Just a few months more to wait!

Comment

He sent it back to Noveske. They sent him another, same sr#. Just a few months more to wait!
              Damn. I am gonna have to check the Noveske lower Silencerco gave me later. I hope that lower is good, I can't wait to SBR it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                Damn. I am gonna have to check the Noveske lower Silencerco gave me later. I hope that lower is good, I can't wait to SBR it.
                I would build it out, shoot it to make sure everything is good to go before investing a shit ton of time and money.

Comment

I would build it out, shoot it to make sure everything is good to go before investing a shit ton of time and money.
                  I am just transferring my current SBR upper over to the Noveske. The old SBR lower has a el cheapo $260 10.5" upper waiting on it. I am setting a goal to put together a 10.5" free float railed SBR that is reliable for under $900 including the tax stamp.

Comment

I saw one of these the other day. Very nice fit and finish. Have any info on this combo?

Yankee Hill. All Billet lower and matching Billet upper.

Comment

Ah, YHM's patented tactical slimming lines. Those slimming lines tested very well with operators.

In all seriousness it look like nothing more than another billet lower. While they fit a bit better than the forged ones, I don't much like them because they are so chunky. I have a Quentin Defense QD 15 Army marked upper and lower I bought years ago that fits really nicely like you would expect any billet receiver. One of these days I will build it into a MK11 clone.

Given the choice though I will take a forged lower over a billet one any day of the week just as a result of size.

Comment

Working...
                      X