M&P 15 300 Whisper/300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&P 15 300 Whisper/300 Blackout

Anyone have any experience with this rifle? It says it shoots both 300 Whisper & 300 Blackout. Have someone that wants to do a trade but don't know much on this rifle.

I just built a 300 blackout. It's a great rifle and you will like it. From what I read there really isn't a difference between the two. It's kinda like .223 vs 5.56.

Comment

They are essentially the same round, just different names. 300 whisper was the name before it became popular with the suppressed crowd if I remember correctly.
      Good article on the differences between the 2. http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...=27&sub=28&q=2

Last edited by BlackGT; 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

The M&P series of AR's are solid guns, generally.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I would not recommend .300blk if you don't reload.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I would not recommend .300blk if you don't reload.
            This.

<--Doesn't want to shoot mine at a cost of roughly $1/round

Comment

I own two m&p ARs. I love them.
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                This.

Factory ammo was on sale at Cabelas a year or two ago for $7.99 per box of 20 so I piled it up. I also reload. Don't have a rifle chambered for it at the moment though. The M&P looks pretty nice.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'll sell ya a camo 308 m&p.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                    I'll sell ya a camo 308 m&p.
                    Muttering to myself "I don't need, I don't need it"...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                      Factory ammo was on sale at Cabelas a year or two ago for $7.99 per box of 20 so I piled it up. I also reload. Don't have a rifle chambered for it at the moment though. The M&P looks pretty nice.
                      Brand? Location? I've got a couple hundred rounds, but if you ever see that price again, let us know!

Comment

It was either SSA or Remington at the Allen TX store.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          Hey buddy.... why don't you pass some of those on over this way...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            This.

However, even a cheap press can get you into reloading it for cheap. I reload it for about $0.25 a round or something like that, I don't recall.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                            X