Changing address on CHL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing address on CHL?

I submitted the form online and paid my money last week, got my new CHL in the mail today, quick turnaround...

Anyway, I have had the same address since getting my CHL and thought that I remembered from years ago that when you update your info you needed to mail the old one back once you got the new one... I can't seem to find anything online and there were no instructions with my new CHL.

Anyone know for sure if I need to send back my old CHL?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

I didn't. Which means I have no idea.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i didnt either. i was also shocked how fast it was. like 2 weeks faster than the DL.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I didnt

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i didnt either. i was also shocked how fast it was. like 2 weeks faster than the DL.

god bless.
          yeah, and my wife's CHL took 10 months.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ok, guess I will put it in the safe in case DPS comes knockin... Thanks
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Also, my CHL expires next year on my birthday. How far in advance can I take the renewal class?

Comment

You don't have to take a class anymore, just go online and pay about $75 dollars and you have to mail in the barcode you receive in your e-mail. Mine took 2 or 3 weeks to come in and now I'm good for another 5 years.

Comment

wait wut? I thought you have to still do your shoot, but not the written test?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    wait wut? I thought you have to still do your shoot, but not the written test?
                    I just went on txdps and looked it up, no "continuing education" required any longer.

Edit: figured I would just paste the info from the DPS site.

Per HB 48 (83rd Legislature), continuing education is no longer required for CHL renewal. CHL holders will simply apply online and submit the supporting documents for discounted fees or special conditions. NOTE: At this time, the receipt page (CHL checklist) will still indicate a CHL-100 is required. Programming required to remove this language is underway; until the “check list” is updated, applicants may disregard the statement requiring a CHL-100.
                    Last edited by BlackGT; 08-18-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

yeah I'm pretty sure they changed the renewal, actually made it easier,and my chl came in quite a bit faster than DL on address change too.
                      satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Working...
                      X