No announcement yet.

Apache and Blackhawk slaying it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not been there or done that like you have sailor so I'll take your word for it. I didn't think they were that far away for there to be that long of a speration between the rounds being fired and the sound of the impact. So I learned something new today.

edit: Why is there such a difference in sound between the bwwwwwwwwwap of the minigun at around 2000 rpm and the slower rate of the thud thud thud of the impacts? The rate of impacts sounds almost like the M2 at 600 rpm....so confused
    Last edited by elPolloLoco; 08-22-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Beautiful...

Comment

How do I get to use one of those on my next helicopter pig shoot??!?!
        "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
        East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
        https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
          How do I get to use one of those on my next helicopter pig shoot??!?!
          There are a couple transferable m134's out there. Do it.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            They have a 30mm.

At 30 seconds and before it looks like an Apache, then the little bird comes in after:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              At 30 seconds and before it looks like an Apache, then the little bird comes in after:

Those are both 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

2nd pic is a Blackhawk. I don't think there ever was an Apache in the video. Why would they strafe? It's 30mm is transversable. You strafe with fixed guns, which would be on the Blackhawk or Loach.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Ah, my bad. What I don't know about helicopters could fill a warehouse.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

The dead giveaway is the refueling boom.

Comment

I have been on live fire ranges watching Apaches do there stuff and they are definitely impressive. I have a pretty good pic of one flying at about my eye level, hauling ass in front of me. He was following a little ravine out of the range and I was on the bank. I will scan and post it if I remember.

Spent a number of hours flying around Korea in Blackhawks, which was fun too. Unfortunately, the only day I actually had a camera with me I was sitting in the bitch seat, I'll post those up as well.

I sure wish digital pocket cameras existed when I was in.. There was a ton of cool shit I got to do / see that I wish I had pics or video of.

Comment

Cool vid none the less. My only question was...what the heck was on the receiving end that needed that much of a pounding? It never shot back in the vid, that I could tell.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Cool vid none the less. My only question was...what the heck was on the receiving end that needed that much of a pounding? It never shot back in the vid, that I could tell.

Comment

Maybe it was July 4th and they just wanted some fireworks...
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

some fucker ran from the MPs

Comment

I never saw an apache in the vid either but took into account the in sync fire groups that couldn't have come from the same bird...

<--- been in many a Blackhawks...

Comment

Working...
                                X