Willie Nelson 4th of July @ BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Nelson 4th of July @ BB

Anyone going? I wanted to go, but I have something going on. I am going to try to go next year. Anyone every been? How was it?

The last time I went to 4th of July w/ Willie, he didn't seem like he was all there (moreso than usual). A few times, he kinda got lost in the middle of the song and drifted out of the scene. The band did real well to cover as they went on, like it was something they did a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      The last time I went to 4th of July w/ Willie, he didn't seem like he was all there (moreso than usual). A few times, he kinda got lost in the middle of the song and drifted out of the scene. The band did real well to cover as they went on, like it was something they did a lot.
      Someone was saying that's how David Allan Coe was too. That sucks. Oh well, there's a pretty good lineup anyways.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It just brought to light that we'll be losing some of the best entertainers we've ever had (soon) and we've got nothing to really replace them.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It just brought to light that we'll be losing some of the best entertainers we've ever had (soon) and we've got nothing to really replace them.
          Yeah, that's why I'd really like to go. I have never seen old Willie live.

Comment

All I have to look forward to is Toby Keith coming here May 1st. It's a free concert and not expected to be too packed. The wife is pissed because she can't go (no military ID).

Comment

Nice. I really want to see Ray Wiley Hubbard as well. I saw Eric Church and Robert Earl Keen last summer in Upstate NY. Church puts on a BAD ASS concert and of course REK was the same bad ass REK.

Comment

I'd go out of my way to see Robert Earl Keen

Comment

Hellyeah, one of the greats of Tx Country.

Comment

Saw Willie a few months back at HOB. Wasn't the greatest show (he had just been in the hospital a couple days before, so he was short of breath and his voice was a little soft), but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Not to discount the greatness of Willie, but there are plenty of awesome bands out there. You're just not going to hear them on the radio. Whiskey Myers is fucking awesome, and so is Blackberry Smoke (though they do have a single playing on KSCS and the Wolf right now, but it's a far cry from some of their better music).
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Not to discount the greatness of Willie, but there are plenty of awesome bands out there. You're just not going to hear them on the radio. Whiskey Myers is fucking awesome, and so is Blackberry Smoke (though they do have a single playing on KSCS and the Wolf right now, but it's a far cry from some of their better music).
                        I agree and Willie's songwriting ability will be the greatest loss.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Went in '73 and '75. Dripping Springs was bad, but Liberty Hill convinced me to never go again.

Comment

Working...
                          X